I'm sooo excited!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  13:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some many have read in another thread, last week I was all set to get another lil' baby corn (prolly an Amel but I was going to wait and see what else the breeder had available).

As it was I drove 100+ miles for naff all and I was gutted. I had my new faun all set up and waiting with the heatmat warming it all nicely with no snakey in sight

Having spent the weekend staring at my empty new faun I decided it would be a waste to leave it like that soooooo I started scouring classifieds and.....tomorrow I'm going to collect my gorgeous new Ghost Motley!!!

I'm really excited because a Ghost Motley is one of my very fave morphs. I spoke to the breeder and I liked her very much. So, barring any unforseen events and provided I'm 100% happy with the snake when I meet her, by tomorrow evening my lonely Faun won't be lonely any more!!! YAY.

Of course I'll get pics up asap (I know the drill, people ). Just a quick q tho; Cinco's faun and the new faun will be side by side. Did I read somewhere on here to not house the snakes like that so they can see each other? It's not a big problem as I can block their view of each other with some creative carboard screening but then they'll still be able to smell each other. Is that okay?

Thanks guys *doing a happy dance*

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  13:42:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bb ghost corn, great choice indeed my fav morph, i love mine. as for keeping them side by side i have my cream and ghost in faunsright next to each other and have had no problems whatsoever.

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  14:04:12  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice choice bbsmog! I love Ghost Motley's.

If your worried about them being side by side you could always just slip a piece of paper or card between the fauns.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  14:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're currently using newspaper to act as a screen between fauns. Doesn't look very pretty, but it's cheap and does the job!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  15:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shouldnt be a problem but as the others have said, just stick something in between the fauns to stop them from seeing each other.

very glad to hear about your new snakey, we must have pictures as soon as possible.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  22:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any chance of a video of the 'happy dance'?

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  23:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'tomorrow I'm going to collect my gorgeous new Ghost Motley!!!' - need I say anything!!! Yes, I do!! Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  23:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Any chance of a video of the 'happy dance'?

Sammysnake, that is a sight that the world will never be ready for And you can all thank your lucky stars for that. (I've fallen off the weight watcher wagon so I'm really saving you all from years of therapy).

Kellog - I've posted a pic. She's not that pretty, I promise. She's a really ugly example of they morph, so nothing to be jelous of at all.

NOT

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2009 :  23:52:00  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

'tomorrow I'm going to collect my gorgeous new Ghost Motley!!!' - need I say anything!!! Yes, I do!! Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

You wouldn't be jealous would you kellog?

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  06:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on getting another one...soon it will be a third and then you have to get a fourth because 3 is a crowd lol

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

161 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  15:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on new snake ghosts are my fav, u could always create something on the computer and print it out maybe even laminate it for easy cleaning to put on the ends of the vivs will block the view and will look pretty too.

1.0.0 miami clyde
0.1.0 miami bonnie
1.0.0 ghost casper
0.1.0 carolina sneaky
1.0.0 anery runt
0.1.0 anery spot
0.1.0 amel amy
1.0.0 no name ghost motley stripe
1.0.0 bloodred het lavender stripe on its way :)
0.1.0 reverse oketee on its way :)
1 husband
4 kids
new puppy shih apso on the way

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  22:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! She's arrived.

I got her home earlier. She's totally gorgeous, if a little feisty! She's two and a half months old so she's really wee Cinco's only two months older but he looks HUGE compared to her!
Mum is a Ghost and Dad is an Amel and one of them is het for somthing or other. I have to be honest I'm rubbish at all that so I smiled, nodded and listened to the breeder but I can remember precicely naff all. I'll mail her at some point and get her to write it down for me.

She's obviously in her settling in period so I can't handle her, which would be fine but Cinco's in blue (his eyes have now gone glassy so it's a shed for sure), so I can't handle him either!!! Two flippin snakes and I can't cuddle either of them.

I've been looking at her new home (it's actually a RUB not a faun like Cincos) and I think it's too open. Cincos faun has a dark lid and isn't quite as high so it's not as exposed as hers is. I've decided to go to the rep shop tomorrow and get some of that aquatic wrap and stick it on to make it a bit cosier for her. Good idea??

Oh and by the way, the girls have decided to call her Sadie. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  00:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

congrats on getting another one...soon it will be a third and then you have to get a fourth because 3 is a crowd lol

LOL, I just read that Hannah and you've put into writing my OH's worst fears!! (Little does he know that I've aready been in contact with a breeder and put myself on a waiting list for a Gold Dust next year shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh )

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  00:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the ghost ....i have one ...they rock

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  03:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tilly

congrats on the ghost ....i have one ...they rock

Agreed

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  07:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

LOL, I just read that Hannah and you've put into writing my OH's worst fears!! (Little does he know that I've aready been in contact with a breeder and put myself on a waiting list for a Gold Dust next year shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh )

just choked on my weetabix lmao!!
thats how my addiction started...first it was mont and lucien.. then i saw edison and had to have him..then becuase 3 is an odd number luke got zero.. and then i saw liberty and just had to have her.. then sue emailed a load of people about aura and well no guesses as to what happened then.. lmao!!

i want want want a [insert morph here] hurricane motley next but havent found anyone yet with a breeding pair.. but guess it will have to wait til I have space lol

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  12:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're moving to a bigger house in December and they kids (wrongly) think they will now be able to have a bedroom each. I haven't told them yet that actually one room is going to be my Rep Room. I've decided to wait till moving in day and break it to them !!!!

Actually I'm not really that cruel (although it is tempting sometimes!) but there is a tiny room that my OH has earmarked as an office which I am DEFINITELY appropriating as a Rep Room. It's not as big as a box bedroom but I reckon I've got room for 2xfour stacks of viv's. When OH finds out he's going to have a breakdown .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  13:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol watch it bb it starts as a small room then you realise u need a bigger one

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  13:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

We're moving to a bigger house in December and they kids (wrongly) think they will now be able to have a bedroom each. I haven't told them yet that actually one room is going to be my Rep Room. I've decided to wait till moving in day and break it to them !!!!

Actually I'm not really that cruel (although it is tempting sometimes!) but there is a tiny room that my OH has earmarked as an office which I am DEFINITELY appropriating as a Rep Room. It's not as big as a box bedroom but I reckon I've got room for 2xfour stacks of viv's. When OH finds out he's going to have a breakdown .

Sounds like a great plan, men were made to acquiesce to our requests.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  14:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've learnt through experience that the trick is to make it seem like it's actually their idea.

I'm still planning how I'm going to do that right now but when it comes to me it will a plan as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University (to mis-quote Blackadder). I'll keep you posted lol .

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  19:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know how snakes feel safer in an enclosed space - couldn't you use that as a selling point to one of the kids as to why it would be much better for them if they chose to have the tiny not-even-a-box room as their new bedroom. That leaves a bigger space for both office AND rep room thus allowing your OH to feel he's actually getting more space because you are getting a pile of new snakes.

What d'ya think, cunning enough?

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000