NEED SOME ADVICE ABOUT DART my new lil one
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2009 :  14:14:04  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DART MY NEW LIL ONE has not eaten for 2 weeks she/he is only a hatchling bought 2 weeks ago her feeding had been ok according to the petshop prior to me getting her/him but since being with me hasnt eaten TEMPS ARE FINE WATER IN THE RUB TO DRINK ect alls as always has been, however in talking to the petshop owner he said that the MOTHER of DART sadly passed away shortly after laying the last clutch of eggs, could there be an infection thats been passed on from mum to baby via the egg?? LONG SHOT BUT NEED SOME ANSWERS IF POSS GUYS, PETSHOP owner has DART IN THE SHOP KEEPING AN EYE ON LIL ONE and seems to think that it could be that lil one is going to shed but according to the shed sheet it had shed 2 weeks b4 I aquired DART. ANY ADVICE WELCOMED GUYS AS IM GUTTED TO THINK I MIGHT LOSE THE LIL ONE TO AN UNIDENTIFIED INFECTION

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2009 :  15:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tbh I dont think that it could be an infection- sometimes problems arise in laying females that leads to their death. It would be uncommon for an infection to be passed from female to egg.

How old was Dart when you him/her and how many feeds had it had prior to going home with you?
What exactly are your temps, do you have a stat and how is the temp being monitored?
How did the petshop dude defrost and feed the pinkies?

it may be that something quite minor just isnt quite right and needs tweaking.

try not to panic, loads of people atm have non-feeding hatchlings, and 2 weeks isnt too long to go without dinner.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2009 :  18:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at that age they tend to shed every 4weeks so if you have had her for two and the records say she shed two weeks before you got her then it would make sense for her to be getting ready to shed..

but like sb has said it might just be something minor that needs tweaking

also dont worry that she hasnt eaten for two weeks..my little hatchling hasnt fed for nearly 8weeks now and thats from when shes hatched so shes never fed which is a worry!

but dont panic too much about her not feeding

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 19/10/2009 18:16:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000