did i do the right thing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  13:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got food poisoning over the weekend and am still sick ( dodgy curry) .....I have got george to feed and spot check the snakes scince sunday...did i do the right thing by staying away from them

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  14:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As we can get salmonella from our snakes, it stands to reason that we can give them something equally as nasty, I wouldn't bet on it but it's always better to be safe than sorry don't ya think? (hope you didn't catch it from your snakes! eeek

1.1.0 Lionhead Rabbits-Theo & Jasmin, 0.1.0 Chile Flame Tarantula-Charlie, 0.1.0 Arizona Mountain Kingsnake-Tehya, 0.0.1 Corn snake=Carolina het hypo/lavender anerythristic-Sanuye, 0.0.2 albino achatina reticulata's- Ronnie & Reggie
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  21:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry you got food poisoning tilly....must have been really bad to still be suffering. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  01:05:06  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope you feel better soon tilly!

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  09:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ty all i feel alot better today ...but i was more worried about my snakes and my boy then me....i swear i will never eat another curry again lol and i wouldnt wish this on anyone.However my son cleaned 10 cages this week and he impressed me by feeeding all the snakes as well first time he did that with supervision of course

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  18:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw your son sounds like a little angel.. i know if i asked my sister or mum to clean the fauns out they would refuse point blank!!!
glad you are feeling better - was probably better to be safe than sorry with the snakes

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  18:40:29  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope your better soon!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  00:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol no angel it cost me extra on his pocket money lol...ty all

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  04:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even with extra pocket money that was an act that was bravely done for him, especially if he hasnt done it before! 10 vivs and feeding! Glad you are feeling better. Did anyone else get sick? Did you report it? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  14:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes i reported it ....no no one else has got sick ....and touch wood ( my head) they dont ..george is staying with my mom and just pops in to feed the animals....

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000