How long in blue eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  18:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Rocky is in blue mode at the minute and I was just wondering how long this lasts I have not tried to handle him as I know his vision is not good, can I handle him once his eyes return to normal or do I have to wait till he is fully shed. This will be his first shed since I have had him so some info would be great

0.0.1 Rocky (Corn)

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  22:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The eyes will stay cloudy for a couple of days and then again before the shed. Try to keep handling to a minimum whilst in blue, but once his eyes have cleared then gentle handling is normally fine.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  03:17:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that I stop handling and feeding Kellog from the point of him turning 'blue' to when he sheds. They feel very vulnerable cos they are partly blind and I cant think it is very comfortable eating when you are in a tight skin....although I know other owners who do feed during shed time. I just prefer to keep the stress on the snake to a minimum and therefore give him his space during this time - waiting a few days to feed and handle him wont make any difference in the long run. xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  11:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it varies between snakes..

Edison and Liberty both shed very quickly, usually 3-4days from the eyes going cloudy although with edison i havent been able to accurately work it out cause i always miss it!
I offer food and will handle them but only if they are already out and about.. these two willingly eat when blue so its not a problem but I tend to leave mont with food in his faun just incase he gets peckish

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  17:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys

0.0.1 Rocky (Corn)
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  21:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twilight just had his second shed with me. His eyes never changed colour or even went dull but he hid away for a week under his kitchen paper which is very unusual for him. On feeding day I popped a pinky under the paper next to him (I usually feed him out of the viv but he clearly didn't want to be out and about) and he ate it no problem. It was about eight days after going into hiding that I woke up to a full shed and the next evening he was zooming about and wanting to come out again.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  23:32:28  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bout 3 or 4 days in blue then clear then about a week, then shed

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000