Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello all, as I'm sure you already know, I'm new.
I've had snakes all my life apart from the time that I wasted with my x husband, bitter!, of course?! Anyways know that he's gone, I've gone back to my own ways and am the proud owner of two amel motley's boy and girl (boys named scissor and the girl is names slither). My boys chose the names as they were told that they had been bought for them, hahaha, the plan worked. They got bord with the cleaning and the feeding and now there all mine... hehehe! Anyways thought I would introduce myself to all the lovely people of this forum, so hi!

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:30:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

and welcome to the 'Scissor Slithers' Play on a bands name, surely???

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was as the kids had been unfairly influenced by the boyfriend who used to be a rock DJ, lol, still pmsl
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:40:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Welcome back to snakehood!
And welcome to the forums.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you, I do love my little snaky friends. Always missed having them around
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  23:23:50  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Mad House, Errrr I mean the forums! Its very friendly here, and Im sure you will fit in just fine.
Im suprised no one has told you about the golden ruel yet?? Well I will do it myself! (mods are usless round here lol)
The one rule is we HAVE to see pics of your snakes and LOTS of them!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  23:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These mods are just getting lazy aren't they! It is the unwritten rule that you have to post pics as soon as possible!! It sounds like you are going to fit right in here...where we have lots of fun and make great new friends.....and can get much needed advice and support from the amazing snake owners here. I know they have kept me sane a couple of times, and probably will do again when I start to panic! So, welcome to the best forum ever!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

muffin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  23:40:30  Show Profile  Click to see muffin's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the best cornsnake forum on the web!:)

1.0.0 Ghost corn-Dexter
1.0.0 Snow corn-Stig
0.1.0 Carolina corn-Roxy
0.0.1 Amel corn-Oscar
1.0.0 Florida kingsnake Elvis
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  06:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  09:21:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

These mods are just getting lazy aren't they! .....

quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

.....Well I will do it myself! (mods are usless round here lol)

Whats that word I'm looking for? It's got 6 letters in it, and starts with 'B' and rhymes with 'hand'.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  10:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

These mods are just getting lazy aren't they! .....

quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

.....Well I will do it myself! (mods are usless round here lol)

Whats that word I'm looking for? It's got 6 letters in it, and starts with 'B' and rhymes with 'hand'.

I am on my knees begging...apologising for ever critising the awesome power of the ever-seeing, ever-knowing mods. Please forgive me and dont 'has 3 letters begins with 'B' and rhymes with tan' me!! Please!! xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 14/10/2009 10:33:35
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  11:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will post some pics soon there lovely little snakies but not very still and seem to know when I wont a picture so I've got none yet will keep trying though but just to keep you wonting more I'll post a pic of the lizzies, once I figure out how to do it that is!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  11:45:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok.... posted some pics in the other reptile photos section.... even posted one of me and a stripper... woop woop!
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  12:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  12:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  16:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats what we like, reps and almost naked buff men!!

Welcome to the forum Lynne.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  17:59:53  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  20:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well glad you liked the pics Tizzy. Real busy tonight getting bits together to house the snakes in there new viv, there still babies so there still living together, I'll start on the second one next month. Got to watch the pennies and all that but should look good what I've got planed out. Watch this space will post some pics of the new setup when its done. How exciting to spend your every last penny to house these beauties, love it!!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  02:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does this mean you are housing Slither and Scissor are being housed together? I am not at all experienced about this but from everything I have read it is dangerous to house hatchlings together...they may be stressed competing for best spot in viv etc, but may not show it. The biggest danger is actually canabalism, which shocked me when I first read about it but it is a very real risk. Maybe it is something you need to look into as soon as possible. xxx

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  11:28:00  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does this mean you are housing Slither and Scissor are being housed together? I am not at all experienced about this but from everything I have read it is dangerous to house hatchlings together...they may be stressed competing for best spot in viv etc, but may not show it. The biggest danger is actually canabalism, which shocked me when I first read about it but it is a very real risk. Maybe it is something you need to look into as soon as possible. xxx

As Kellog said its unadvised to house corns together unless you are an experienced snake owner and then the only advantage of housing them together is saving space.
If unsexed or incorrectly sexed you could end up with the female mating too early and that could result in death of the snakey.
Also cannibalism can occur in hatchlings, unless enough hides are provided they can and will compete for the best hiding spots in the vivarium.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  11:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an experianced keeper. They have only been living together for about two months with her male sibling but there two young for any worries about mateing. The male is not even close to being mature enough. as far as cannibalism, there fed every 5 days on a small fuzzy which keeps them happy till there next feeding, as far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, so they shoulden't be hungery enough to feed on eachother. I have them out everyday that I can, with the exception of the two days after a feed and look for any sign of hunger, stress ect ect. They have a large enough hide in both ends of the inclosure for two snakes and happily coil up together. I've never had a problem but I don't take chances either, hence the early start on the two new vivs. Within about three weeks they will both have new homes to explore. Thanks for the advice and concern for my two snakie friends but I love these creatures and would never put them in harms way. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000