My sly suggestion worked!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  15:11:00  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well as some of you know I was thinking of getting a Miami and it was still all if's and butts. Well It has been settled Im getting it!!
I was thinking about room for a second viv after deciding against co habiting. My partner was thinking about costs of a second viv. Well I was sat looking on the internet at prices and was looking at stacks, when I had a brilliant idea. I dont need to build or buy any vivs as I already have a 2 viv stack staring at me!
The unit Missy is on is just filled with junk. Its a double cupbord unit with 2 draws. So out came the tape measure!! Turns out length and depth of the unit will be more than enough. It will fall about 3 inch short of a 4 ft viv size.
So my idea is flip the unit on its side, take off doors and take out the draws fit the runners and glass. Make some vent holes and bish bash bosh a double viv!
As i was measuring I said to steve about my idea, and he then started suggesting lighting fittings ect!! So by suggesting about the cupboard has made him let me get the second snake He did try and say "what about the cost of another heatmat ans stat though? and all the hides? So my respose, heat mat will be about £15, hides I have a ton of plant pots. the mats can go on the same stat. As for plants and decor, ill get them over time before we convert the unit so Ill have it all by then and can upgrade the plantpots and add vines ect at a later date!
The only thing im a little unsure of is each viv will be about 15inch in hight will that be enough? I know some people use rubs but im not sure of the hight of them, but Im guessing 15 inch will be fine?

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  15:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELL DONE!!!! keep us posted
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think most keep them in 50L rubs if so the 50L rub i have here with bits and bobs in it is only 9" high so 15" should be fine. could you sort out some pics when its done would like to see what it looks like.

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish

Edited by - Bilbo on 06/10/2009 16:04:33
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like a good plan :)
not to burst the bubble tho but i would reccomend seperate stats as heatmats can work at differnt tems etc and a myriad of other things can affect the temp in the viv... they arent too expensive tho so it shouldnt be a problem
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:34:41  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea Ill post pics as soon as its done, but it wont be for a while yet as the snakes are still young!
And as for getting the snake in a few weeks time, my mate ( the breeder) said I can take the snake tommrrow!!!!! And pay her another time!!! So excited now lol
Jono, I never said i would not get another stat, I just said Id double the mats up on one stat to keep My other half quiet!! Ill get one at some point before the vivs are built no doubt.
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah very sly, learning to subdue the OH is always a useful skill!
Am looking forward to seeing the new snake :)
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  16:54:25  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ill try and get a couple of pics before it goes in to settle in
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
did you pick up your heat mat yesterday devilsmistress and is it all working?? and is the other one on its way yet???

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:04:55  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yea got it, will post yours tommrrow as its raining really hard today! Just a thought I noticed you were selling the big mat, well as im now going to have two viv's at some point was you still intrested in the swap?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devilsmistress

Well as some of you know I was thinking of getting a Miami and it was still all if's and butts. Well It has been settled Im getting it!!

Fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
but i payed for the mat from you??? i am willing to sell it if you need it and i would be willing to hold onto it if you need me to..

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  17:34:07  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to refund your money if you still wanted to swap, its no panic got loads of time to get a mat if not
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  18:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i think i will stick with buying your one for now so please can you still try and send it out tomorrow.. thanks

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  18:28:15  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yea no worries, will do.
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  21:42:17  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice one will have to try that method of getting another snake in the future with Hannahb

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Flatpack63
Hatchling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  21:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Paula

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  22:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wont comment like I did when I heard Hawkeye was getting a 2nd snake but you will probably guess my answer Paula......I am sooooooooooo jealous! Wish my OH was as easily manipulated! xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 06/10/2009 22:32:29
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  07:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats great..
so jealous.. i want another!!

haha luke..you are very funny!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba