Cant think what to do!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  14:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was in my local pet shop today in Hartlepool, and as usual i had a look at what Reptiles they had in, (wrong move) There was this gorgeous lil Anery hatchie looking at me when i looked in the end viv. I got my first corn 8 months ago, and have had my second one just over 3 weeks now. I cant make my mind up if its to soon for me to have an other snake at the moment, or do you think i should wait a while until i gain some more experience?? Its my lack of knowledge that stopped me buying this cute little fella today. I just cant think what to do!

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  15:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats for you to decide. If you think you can keep it healthy and happy to a good standard, then go for it. If you think it would fair better with you having a bit more knowledge, wait a while.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  16:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you had any trouble with your other snakes that makes you reluctant to get a third? If not, and if you figure you have enough space for all three when they need large vivs, go ahead and get him!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  19:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Have you had any trouble with your other snakes that makes you reluctant to get a third? If not, and if you figure you have enough space for all three when they need large vivs, go ahead and get him!

No i have had no bother with the two i have, they both are very easy to care for, and i have plenty space for an other one and for the three large vivs. Its just if i were to choose a difficult feeder or one that had an attitude, i think i may be out of my depth with it, and the shop staff had no idea if it ate ok, or knew anything of its nature as they only had it in 4 days, and it is much smaller than my 2 were as hatchlings, its really tiny.
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  20:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be careful with any snake the shop said the did'nt know if it ate ok .
Wanting other snakes is all part and parcel of owning them , we always want more , dont worry about that .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  21:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

I would be careful with any snake the shop said the did'nt know if it ate ok .

Yeah. Either they're not professional and get no histories from the breeders, or they're holding back on some bad news. I don't like it either way.

However, if you get a tough one, the forum is here to help. All kinds of stuff can happen any time with any snake and there are solutions.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000