Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Probably normal but Ill feel better if I ask ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:26:27  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

well I've had her a few weeks now and all is going great, there are a couple of days she is not being normal if that makes sense ?

Day 1: I fed her on Wed and usually after a feed she goes off and you dont really see her for a day or two, this time she was really really active, like didnt stop straight after her feed and then back to normal activity.

Day 2: Today she usually pops in and out and wanders round etc etc, but today she has not been out at all, she has moved from one place to another, but hasnt explored like she usually does.

I know this is porbably all boring and normal behaviour but I wondered if commng up to a shed would do this ? Ive had her since the 3rd of Sept and she hasnt gone blue (still isnt) yet, but dont really know when she should either.

thanks for any help, even if its to tell me to shut up and stop worrying lol, my missus says Im a worryer.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  20:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nothing to worry about,all normal

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  22:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah corns love to get us all worried about nothing..
thats normal behaviour.. you'll notice when shes getting ready to shed her eyes will go cloudy and her colours will dull down

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  20:08:52  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, I know its me over reacting but I am worried about her lol, she has been inactive for a while and I read allot on here they become inactive and dont feed around shedding. It was feed day on wednesday so I put the food in front of her and she fed with no problems, still no activity.

She is due a full clean out this weekend, should I go ahead and do it anyway or wait till she is active and back to normal ? I dont wanna stress her if she is already stressed if you know what I mean.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  20:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most snakes do still feed when they are going through the blue phase so she might just be wanting to hide away a lot for no particular reason..

Its up to you as to whether you clean her out or not.. I personally dont think you need to worry about her..shes probably still getting used to being with you and is just going through a phase..different snakes act differently, I've noticed that since getting him mont will happily spend a week or 10 days zipping about his faun but then for maybe 4/5 days he doesnt come out..nothing to worry about just him being him..

if you really are worried that there is something wrong check the temps and that there is enough substrate and hides for her, she might just feel a bit unprotected if she leaves the hide - one of mine never came out until I put a tonne more paper shreddings in and now hes brave enough to ferret about in there when he thinks im not looking!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  21:19:08  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She does come out her hide and she will sit on her log and then hide again, but just not as active as she used to be. Oh and she's not gone blue either, she still looks normal.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  02:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least she is coming out and sitting on her log - Kellog is still spending nearly all his time in his hide. Am positive these snakes change their behaviour patterns just to worry us! I am sure she is fine and is probably coming out at night to explore when you arent around to see. Try smoothing substrate more than usual so you can tell if she has been out and about at all in the night. To be honest, as long as she is drinking and eating there is not much to worry about. It may be that she is going to shed and you just missed the blue phase.
Try not to worry - although I know how difficult that is. Just give her time.
xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000