New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  22:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
finally got my left foot done with some cherry blossoms and japanese style swirls.. the idea being the cherry blossoms are floating away in the wind
absolutely killed.. i already have one on my right foot but this one was taking the michael..i nearly told him to stop altogether near the end.. lol anyway at the min its sore and is swelled up which sucks but hey ho..

all swelled up and my foot is grubby from the ink and wandering about with no shoe on lol

makes me look like i have a weird ankle/leg/foot.. but thats it from above..ish.. as you can just see the 5th cherry blossom

will post pics of it when its healed to show how the shading ect has faded..

oh and a warning to anyone who wants a tattoo on their foot... dont do it!! and if you do.. i warn you now that unless you have a high pain threshold its super painful and if they do an area that has nerves close to the surface then its even worse lol

xx

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

n/a
deleted

184 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  22:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i may have to reconsider my choice then, my next one was goin to be a tribal gecko on the top of my foot but am not really a big fan of pain. Your new tat looks gorgeous tho, bet it was worth it in the end. How long did that take?

1.0.0 Amel stripe(Dezzi)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Rizzie)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Hotaru)
2.2.0 western hognose (Huff and Puff)(Missy and Pharoh)

Edited by - n/a on 24/09/2009 22:35:46
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  22:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it took an hour.. i love it and cant wait for it to heal up but the pain was rediculous..
i know everyone has different pain thresholds ect but as there is so little fleshy bits on the foot its even worse..but go for it..you never know it might not hurt as much for you lol

Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  01:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats brilliant , love it :)

I've got quite a few but got mine so many years ago , I wished I'd waited , so many great designs nowadays . The ones on my back are only about 12 - 15 year old and they are the youngest by far :P

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  09:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My foot was absolute AGONY; it took 3 hours and I had to stop after two because I couldn't take it any more, and then go back to have it finished off about a month later. Now of course my other foot feels all naked and needs ink too - waaaah!!

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  10:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One word guys EMLA!!! It's the stuff they put on kids before they have blood taken to numb the area and you can buy it over the counter in a chemist. Doesn't stop it hurting but it really takes the edge off on those ouchey areas, and it closes down the capileries so you don't bleed as much and heal up quicker.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  10:21:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks great,you sure thats ink between your toes,sniff,sniff lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

One word guys EMLA!!! It's the stuff they put on kids before they have blood taken to numb the area and you can buy it over the counter in a chemist. Doesn't stop it hurting but it really takes the edge off on those ouchey areas, and it closes down the capileries so you don't bleed as much and heal up quicker.

i thought about that stuff before but some one said it might react with the ink,have you used it tizzy

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  12:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow thats an awesome tattoo- I am trying to design a third atm but not having much luck lol.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  13:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Looks great,you sure thats ink between your toes,sniff,sniff lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

i thought about that stuff before but some one said it might react with the ink,have you used it tizzy

I haven't coz i 'ard!!! lol and I've only got a few small tats but you've met my other half he's only got 1 tat it's just not finished yet he started using it when his sleve went up in to his armpit (ouchey) and now uses it all the time coz he's such a bad bleeder, It's never reacted with the ink at all and his tattoest loves working on it now because of the lack of blood.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  14:47:39  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds a good idea,want some work on the side of my belly so might have to get some.

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  15:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used EMLA cream when I had my *ahem* "twinkle" pierced and it made no difference whatsoever. It's also useless on skin, because it's meant for mucous membranes. There aren't really any anaesthetics that work on normal, unbroken skin; you just have to grin and bear it (or wail and squeal in my case).

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  23:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That tattoo looks really good

1 x Cornsnake (Cornflake)
1 x Boxer Dog (Stumpi)
Regards Chris & Cornflake
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  12:56:29  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
0.o oh dear pixie. brave girl! lol

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2009 :  13:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks..
yes lee that definately is ink between my toes.. the tattooist even smelled my foot before he started drawing on me..cheeky so n so.. and i went to so much effort for him - i even painted my toe nails

the worst part was when he went over a group of nerve endings and i had to fight the urge to yank my foot away and cry

looks better now its healing and the swelling has gone down - will put a healed pic up when its completely healed

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  05:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is beautiful HannahB, so glad you went ahead and got it done - new hair, new tat....new HannahB!!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

161 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  17:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooo nice tat was thinking about one on my foot too but now i may think again i have 5 tats in random places dont think they hurt as much as the foot is gonna wd for sticking it out to then the end result is always worth it. :)

1.0.0 miami clyde
0.1.0 miami bonnie
1.0.0 ghost casper
0.1.0 carolina sneaky
1.0.0 anery runt
0.1.0 anery spot
0.1.0 amel amy
1.0.0 no name ghost motley stripe
1.0.0 bloodred het lavender stripe on its way :)
0.1.0 reverse oketee on its way :)
1 husband
4 kids
new puppy shih apso on the way

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000