Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  20:56:48  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
name says it all really. my gecko won't eat. her tail is shrunk and her eyes a squited.

anyone got advise?

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  21:25:17  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

name says it all really. my gecko won't eat. her tail is shrunk and her eyes a squited.

anyone got advise?

Get her to a rep vet asap.
Is she drinking?
What are the hot/cold temps and humidity?
What is the capital city of Argentina?
What suppliments are you giving her and how often?

Might be worth getting a fecal done too.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  21:37:42  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes she drinking
32c hot cold 28c
Buenos Aires < no idea why u wanna know
calci dust every other feed
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:07:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes she drinking
32c hot cold 28c
Buenos Aires < no idea why u wanna know
calci dust every other feed

Just threw the Argentina one in there to see if you were reading it .

On a more serious note, are you giving Nutribol or an equivalent vitamin suppliment at all? Does she have a UV source in her viv?

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:11:22  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no uv and its just calci not vitamin
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:13:00  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

no uv and its just calci not vitamin

How long have you had her and how old is she? Adult or Juvenile?

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:14:01  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
juvi - maybe 3 weeks
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:26:31  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

juvi - maybe 3 weeks

I would get it too the rep vet for the weight loss and get a fecal done to check for parasites. Possible explanation for the weight loss. They can, however, go a couple of weeks or so without you seeing them eat whilst they settle in. How bad is the weight loss from the tail? Do you have a before and after pic that you can email me or post on here? Also, what substrate are you keeping her on?

You need to get some Nutribol online or from your local rep store and dust her food once or twice a week. She needs it because she must have the vitamin (the number of which has slipped my mind) which enables her to use the calcium in her diet to grow healthy strong bones. It's the vitamin that her body would produce in natural sunlight. Without it she will develop Metabolic bone disease.

Sorry for all the questions.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:35:08  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
paul, dont apologise for the questions i just want her sorted im afraid not on the pics. its gone down by over half its width.
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:45:29  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

its gone down by over half its width.

Get her to a rep vet as soon as possible. IMO that is a lot of weight loss for a youngster. If the vet frightens you with their price for a fecal, google "Pinmoore labs". They do complete one by post for thirty odd pounds but you will still need to book a consult with your rep vet to sort out treatment once you get the results.

Please buy some Nutribol asap. I can't emphasize enough on here how important it is that you start giving her that once/twice a week. If you want to add me on messenger my addy is on the bar above all of my posts. I'm more than happy to help if you've ever got any questions.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:53:49  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cheers mate. im in college tomoz but im sending my gf up for me.

i have just phoned a guy i know and he said give her some sugar water. is that advisable?
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:56:44  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

cheers mate. im in college tomoz but im sending my gf up for me.

i have just phoned a guy i know and he said give her some sugar water. is that advisable?

I've not heard of doing that. Do you have an account on the dark side?

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:57:20  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah i do why?
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  22:58:40  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive added you on msn btw paul
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:10:21  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

yeah i do why?

Look up SleepyD on there. She is like Leo Gecko god. She may well have some ideas but I think she will probably say the same things I'm saying.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:13:12  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are you staying for a bit just uplaoding some pics of the tail now
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:18:17  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna be here for a while yet .

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:19:57  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HOW TAIL IS NOW

TAIL WHEN I GOT HER

SORRY PICS ARE BAD BUT I THINK PICS 2 AND 4 SHOW THE DIFFERENCE VERY WELL
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:25:17  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks like she had dumped her tail at some time before you got her. Check with SleepyD but she doesn't look well. Definately a visit to the vets.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:26:42  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anyway of finding nearest to me? my searches on google arent helping
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  23:30:02  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and them ppl on the other side are so rude. telling me i talk S**T and having a go becoz gecko aint at vets now!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000