Got my new snake (Just the one)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  18:21:09  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So i finaly couldnt wait any more and went out and bought everything I needed and then finaly my baby corn (pics soon)

Now I just have to wait a whole week to handle it lol.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  18:25:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats,the holding off will pay off

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  18:50:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats..what morph is it?
trust me its worth the wait!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  19:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a look on the morph dictionary and i think its a Dilute. Ill post pics when I can get it out.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  19:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh cool.. be interesting to see pics as not seen a dilute before..except on the morph bible lol can i ask how much you paid for him/her?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  19:46:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dilute is a version of another morph, eg. dilute anery, dilute amel.........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  19:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
£36 is what I paid. I could be wrong but to me it does look very much like the dilute on the other site.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  20:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats what i thought gp...
your little hatchling might be a carolina if it looks like the diffused.. you can get pale ones
but cant wait to see the piccies when you can handle her

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

89 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  08:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see him/her!! Can you not get any sneaky pics if you catch it exploring?? It's horrible to have to wait but so worth it. Much less stressful for little snakey!

1 Hypo Corn - Slinky
1 Leopard Gecko - Leo
1 White Boxer - Floyd
Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  15:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a realy rubish camera (my phone) so taking them when I can get her (I just chose a sex as it doesnt really make any difference if Im right or wrong lol) out and in some decent light.

on the light front is there any way of lighting a plastic viv ? I have a lamp that my other half said to put next to the viv and point it in, but I was worried that it might mess with the heating of the tank or bother her in some way. and if a light is okay then how long can it stay on for etc.

thanks again for the help

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  15:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also just thought, I bought her yesterday and the lady in the shop said to feed her tuesday, this brings two questions to mind:

1) Can I feed her on Tuesday as this would not have been a week ?
2) I was planning on getting the pinkie out the freezer 24hrs before I fed her, what do I do with the pinkie if she doesnt take it the first day, can they be left out etc ?

thanks

Paul

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  17:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its up to you wether to feed her or not. I probably wouldnt as its likly she is stressed from the move. It wont do her any ahrm to wait a bit longer.

It wont take long to defrost, if she doesnt eat it throw it away (unless you intend to leave it over night with her).

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  17:25:46  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can it be left overnight ? also should I dangle it with tongs or just leave it in the viv ?

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  17:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you using for substrate? If its something she could eat then take her out and dangle it infront of her. She probably wont strike, she will just take it from the tonges.

If your using paper do the same but leave her in the tank. if she doesnt eat it put it near the entrace of her hide and leave it be overnight.

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  17:40:12  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using Beach chippings, if I take her out then what should I put her in to feed ? and also how do I put her back in to her home once she has fed ? I have the tub she came in but its not very big .... should I use this ?

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  00:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when mine were young i put them in the tubs they came home in to eat when finished i put the open tub in the viv n they made their own way out.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  03:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You definitely need to wait til the snake has settled before trying to feed it, which means waiting the week with you only putting your hand in tank to change water and smooth substrate etc. This gives the snake time to get over the stress of the move, used to its new home and used to your smell. When you do feed you can originally try dangling the prey item, using tongs - doing the 'pinkie dance' to encourage it to feed. If they dont eat you can leave it overnight in the tank as snake may be shy about eating and wait until night. If it is still there in the morning take it out and get rid of it. Agree with Matty about where to feed, once it has eaten you can carefully move it back into tank, but no handling - just carrying from one spot to the other. Or do as Kittycat has suggested. xxx

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  09:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, a week it is then and Ill put her in the tub she came in then just put that in her tank and let her find her own way home.

thanks for all the advice,

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  14:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote