Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  16:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you will find it mate , mine have got out a few times
one slivered along the kitchen floor and across my mums foot when she was cooking - this one had been gone 2 week ish .
one turned up in a toybox downstairs - little sister found it a week after it had gone .
ive found them curled up under my bed .
inside the venty kinda things on my bedroom radiator , luckily no burns .
and in my wardrobe .
they have always turned up in the end and they were only young when they went through there escaping phase but they still turned up all safe and well . so keep looking mate it will make a appearance soon enough , and dont forget they can go quite some time without food and even then it might of stumbled upon a nice little mouse nest to keep it going for a while .

1.1. corns charlie + charlotte
1.1. corns bubblegum + jaffacake ( gf's)
1.1. bcc Viktor + unknown
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  21:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really sorry to hear the news! We also have an escapee - he's been gone a couple of weeks but in the neighbours house. We haven't been able to put any more bottle traps down so we are just hoping that as the weather cools he'll appear looking for somewhere warm.
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  23:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
both my hatchlings escaped one was inbetween a load of papers in the cupboard and the other neatly wrapped around a socket adaptor getting the heat. leave no stone unturned n i,ll keep my fingers crossed good luck

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  04:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with turning out your sister's room, I dont suppose it will be an easy job and she will get a tidy room thrown into the bargain! I hope you manage to find her in the chaos. Once its tidy try putting out a flour dusting around a water bowl near the floorboards you think she might have gone down, and leave a bottle trap as well. The disturbance of you tidying the room might be enough to force her out. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  15:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So last night i totally cleaned out my sisters room. Looked high and low, in books, in clothes, in drawers. Literally everywhere and still no sign. There are water bowl and bottle traps dotted around the room close to the sideboards but none have been touched. So im beginning to assume she has moved further afield.
I have put her usual water bowl, a bottle trap and two of her hides down the hole in the floor boards in the airing cupboard in the hope that she will recognise the familiar smells and be drawn to it. But so far no luck. Ive also placed her viv on the floor, on its side close to the airing cupboard, with the heatmat on with the same hope that she will be drawn to the warmth and the familiarity of it.
Ive also droped a Missing snake poster around to all the neighbours and they were all really kind about it and luckily all of them were a fan of snakes so if they see her wont be afraid to pick her up and bring her back to me.
Unfortunately i am due to leave to go back to my home in Manchester on Monday morning. My mum has said she will continue my search efforts in my absence though. This doesnt make me feel any better about leaving though. I feel really really sad about it. I dont think my family really get why im SO upset about it.
My mum has even offered to buy me a new one as she can see how upset i am. But i think i would feel really guilty about getting a new one so soon and it wouldnt be the same anyway.
I really do appreciate all the support you guys have been giving me throughout this week. I feel like you guys are the only ones who really understand how upsetting this is. So thank you for all your kind words and advice. xxx

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  15:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine got out twice but never more than 4 foot from the viv when i found him!! it was the warmest place in the house!!lol my mates lost his for 4 weeks and it popped up the plug hole while he was taking a shower!! lmao
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  20:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand your mum's offer but I can also understand why you dont want to get one so soon....getting another one would be like saying that you have given up on her. Dont give up and try and get your mum to understand why this is effecting you so much. This snake was a part of you, your responsibility, your pet and you love her....its no wonder you are devastated at her being missing. Sorry you didnt find her in your sister's room, really hoped she would turn up there. Sounds like you are doing everything you can so please dont add on guilt feeling you should be doing more. Am sorry you are having to leave on Monday, cos I know you wont want to and will feel you are abandoning her - but you have to and you cant do anything more than what your mum can keep doing. Hope you find her before Monday. Will be thinking of you. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  15:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is one thing that i have read, that helps you to locate where the snake is, and that is to sprinkle salt and flour on the floor,, if you check it every so often you will know where she is and at roughly what time,,,, i hope you find her... i have only had one snake, mine hasnt escaped but i have read up on it just incase....

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  16:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont give up hun
we were talking to a breeder today and i said something about the snakes he was selling about how if you lost one you wouldnt see it again and he said he did loose one once and it turned up 5 years later - a lot bigger than when it disappeared.. he lived in an old farm house and it munched on the mice it could find
i know you dont live in a farm house but dont give up that she wont come back.. have you looked downstairs aswell - she may have moved downstairs and gone in the back of the sofa or cupboards in the kitchen.. hope she comes back soon!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  18:16:26  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just don't give up hope!
When Lucien did an escaping act I thought I would never see him again... Me and Hannahb totally gutted my bedroom and laid traps everywhere, my house is really old with plenty of cracks, nooks and crannies in the walls and floors.

He turned up a few days later in my granddad's room in his towel basket!

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys.
Two bits of good news!!!

Firstly, i had to return to my home in Cheshire minus one baby Riff Raff. I was gutted so my friend took me to the local rep shop to cheer me up. Sure enough when i got there i fell in love and ended up coming home with a beautiful Hypo Motley hatchling. I knew it wouldnt make up for losing Riff Raff but thought that i seriously needed something to cheer me up. So she/he is now happily settling in to her/his new home as we speak. Pics will be up as soon as she's had her settling in period

And the BEST bit of news!!!

My mum rang me half an hour ago and told me that Riff Raff has indeed returned!!! Apparently my sister and her friend were sat outside when her friend felt something crawling up her leg. Lol i am SOOOOO happy! i couldnt believe it. I really did think she was long gone! The only problem now is that she is stuck at home until i can next get down to reclaim her. So i have given my family instructions of how best to take care of her in my absence. Agghhhh im so happy lol!

Just a few queries now...should she be left alone to settle in again and calm her nerves before they try and feed her again?
I stupidly brought her heat mat back with me...will she be ok without it for a few days? The room she is in is very warm but im still a bit concerned.

So it has been an expensive snakey day for me but a ridiculously happy one too. This morning i started out with one snake and one lost snake and now i have three perfectly happy, healthy little snakes!
once again thank you for all your support! you guys have been proper ace throughout this.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHOAAAAA!! BRILLLLLLLLLLIANT!!!!

Con, I've been following this thread right from the beginning, and I'm sooooooo happy to hear your news!!

The experienced guys will answer your questions, but from what I've read in the forum I'd say she'd be ok without her heatmat for a few days (based on advice I was given to withdraw heatmat for the few days it was going to take to get my stat in). I guess it would be a good idea to give her a settling in period too, but again, let's hear what experienced "snakers" have to say.

Very warm congratulations on finding Riff Raff, congratulations on adding.... well, is her name Magenta? lol! Enjoy the augmented family! Sending you a happy hug and a big kiss right on the tip of the nose -- to all four of you!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  00:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats ,also been following this thread, advice as above,give him a week or so to get settled again. IMO.

1.1.0 amel.."andy" ..caramel??... "sarah"?
Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  01:20:50  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been following it too, congrats on finding Riff Raff mate =).

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  03:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Con, I am so pleased on both your bits of news - but especially about the safe return of RiffRaff. I know it was hard for you to keep your hope up, but she has returned (and I would love to have seen the look on your sister's friend's face when she slithered up her leg!) and that is the best news ever!!!!! Definitely think she will need a readjustment period again after all of her excitement of exploring the big wide world - and get your mum to double check that there are no more escape possibilities for her! She is probably hungry but leave her a few days to settle back in before feeding her. Cant answer heating question, but would think she would be ok as long as room is warm. Am sure the 'veterans' will correct me and give you the best answer.
Also congrats on the new member to the family - maybe it was fate that meant that when you bought your new snake RiffRaff would return to reinstate her position as top snake in your family! Cant wait to see pics of her.
I feel relieved to know RiffRaff is home, so can only imagine how you feel! Its been a good day for you - a blessing day! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  04:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woooooo-hooooooooooooooo

Sweet as, bet ya chuffedd to pieces.

1 x Cornsnake (Cornflake)
1 x Boxer Dog (Stumpi)
Regards Chris & Cornflake
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  17:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he he thanks guys. Im soooo happy she's back. And im really excited about my new addition!
Hawkeye, you are absolutely right, she is to be named Magenta! lol. She's got a lot of red on her so it fits quite nicely. When i got Riff Raff i always intended to get a reddish snake to be Magenta. Lol i didnt think many people would get the reference so im glad someone did :D
Thanks everyone, i will definitely get new pics of both of them up as soon as i can. Ill be picking up Riff Raff and bringing her home at the weekend and that will be just enough time to let Magenta settle in so a major photo session is in order!
ha ha sooooo happy! :D

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  18:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant news!

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  19:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need educating - RiffRaff...Magenta... where have the names come from? xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  19:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats! im so glad you found her bet its a big relief.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: