Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  09:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do have some nice ale up here. That's why I've got a size 8-10 frame but a size 14 beer gut

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  10:38:32  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

We do have some nice ale up here.

I think you'll find that Babycham is a perry not an ale Kaz .

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  13:47:32  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Babycham! That's an old lady drink. Us young'uns only drink stuff by the pint and you'd need at least 5 babycham bottles to fill a pint pot. So much cheaper to buy lambrini

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  14:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

I need to introduce you to those lovely people at Ringwood Brewery

Definately!!! forty-niner is the best, followed by ringwood best, then 'old thumper'.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

inkiepixie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
445 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  19:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get thee up there! I've got myself stuck in the south* and stuck to a southerner and he refuses to let me go back to the Promised Land.... :(

(Don't go to Yorkshire though. Lancashire is the place you're looking. *nods*)

*I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS DOWN HERE NOTTINGHAM IS IN THE BLOODY SOUTH OK???

0.0.1 classic: Bellatrix
0.1.0 anery (het amel): Luna
1.0.0 hypo lavender (het amel ph stripe): Orion
1.1.0 kittycats: George and Pixie
1.0.0 hound: Shadow
1.0.0 husband: Louis

Edited by - inkiepixie on 30/08/2009 19:50:25
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  00:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie
[
(Don't go to Yorkshire though. Lancashire is the place you're looking. *nods*)

How dare you insult Yorkshire by suggesting that Lancashire is the place to go - it doesnt compare to Yorkshire....the two counties shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentance! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lancashire! That's just a county that wishes it was Yorkshire

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  19:59:08  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yorkshire is favourite if we do it because my late uncle's family were born/live there. Dunno whereabouts mind you but it would be nicer to move somewhere where we've got family.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2009 :  20:54:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I made the same choice Paulus, cheap housing, friendly people, good job.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  19:29:56  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

....(but don't go anywhere near Rotherham- that is a Royston Vasey type town

LOL. Just found out that that is where my Uncle Burt was from .

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh no! Don't do it!

Move to Barnsley or Sheffield so you are near enough to visit, but don't have to live in that ram-shackle town. Only weirdos live in Rotherham

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  09:44:44  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lewy

Oh no! Don't do it!

Move to Barnsley or Sheffield so you are near enough to visit, but don't have to live in that ram-shackle town. Only weirdos live in Rotherham

Log out Lewy!!! I hate you!

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  10:39:54  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can't be any weirder than down here

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  17:51:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widey

Lol... you've got to be tough to live up here none of that nancy eastenders pretend bravado in these parts. It rains a lot and it when its hot its cold. We put gravy on chips and puddings arn't a type of sweet they have meat in them! Beer has a head on it and tastes like beer!
Muffins are a type of bread not some crappy sweet fairy cake that the yanks eat and you put chips and gravy on them with lots of vinegar and salt.
Strangers will smile and take time out to talk to you and people are by and large very friendly..........

Joking apart its just like anywhere else in the UK. It has its good points and bad points.
Don't believe thepoopyou read in the news about Manchester. There isn't anywhere that i can think of thats a no go area. And there are still more shootings in New York every day than there are here in a year!........Come up north its gradly fein.........

well said! ......and you can get a proper pie from the chippy without being looked at funny! :D

Skem is a bit depressing though

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  21:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheffield's the place to be. I'm a definite wet and wooly shandy drinking southerner to my shame (born and bred in Brighton) but the three years I spent in Sheffield were the best. Chips 'n gravy.....mmmmmmmm, still miss it.

The greenest city in the country, vibrant, brimming with culture, surrounded by the most stunning countryside, people who make eye contact and say hello (well, 'eh up luv' anyway), bendy buses (do they still have them?), cheap beer, late night bakers open 'till midnight with cakes as big as your head for 20p (OK the price is an exaggeration but the rest is not) - what's not to love.

If it wasn't for family commitments I'd move back to beautiful Yorkshire in a heartbeat (no TV pun intended).

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000