how long
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  00:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey everyone its now been roughly 4 weeks since i noticed that cash was preggie how long do you think till she lays no sign of a pre shed yet and she still eating she seems to be very hungry, more than usual she takes 2x rat pups a week should i put her on 1x ratpup twice a week as i have read that it can be uncomfortable for them to pass as they get further into their pregnancy

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  11:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She should be due a pre-lay shed anytime now really. Then it'll be up to 2 weeks before she lays.

It's pretty late in the season though. Did she mate late?

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  14:00:44  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
keep feeding her until she refuses

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  15:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
havent got a clue when she mated she was housed with tango only because i thought they were both female so i took em both to my reptile shop and he probed tango and said nope shes a he lol and told me that cash was preggie thing is cash is no where near ready to be breeding as she is bout yr old just shy of 3 foot and under 200grms so i know i might have probs and that they might be infertile anyway cos tango is late 08 hatchling so hes too young aswell just have to keep my fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  12:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there, like yourself i though both my corn snakes were the same sex as told by wrong advice pet shop man. my snow layed eggs end of june she was 1 1/2 yrs old hence only layed 5 dint no she was pregnant 4 eggs dried up managed to save one eagerly waiting for it to hatch.i read up on the signs and they had all been there like the cage being trashed one mornin, the pre shed, then going of her food. the weirdest bit was when she would lie in her water bowl with her head and neck sticking in the air, this was just b4 i found the eggs.Remenber nearer the time to but a hide in for her with wet moss or vermiculite so the eggs dont dry up.p.s I would recommend seperating your snakes as she could become pregnant again after the first clutch. good luck

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  23:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i found her in her water bowl the other day for the first time lol she looked so sweet she fed today although not as ravanous as last week think she is gonna shed too as she going really dull tango is also gonna shed [ must be coming out in sympathy for her ] last time they shed the same time but normally there is longer between sheds for cash which makes me think it could be her pre shed fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  21:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to let you know that cash shed this morning so with any luck i should have some nice healthy eggs in a couple of weeks
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  21:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fingers crossed it all goes ok for you and cash

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  22:18:50  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What morphs wil they be and good luck

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000