The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  10:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

ha ha ha what a bunch of noobs...

this isn't the dark side SB

As long as you have one warm hide kept warm by a heatmat on a thermostat, and use a digi thermometer (more accurate) thats kept at around 28-30* and a hide for the cooler end in the tank; a waterbowl maybe a piece of bark to help him/her shed.

All these fancy vines and plants aren't neccersairy, but your snake may appreciate something to climb on as it exercises them.
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  12:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ther n welcome , technically you dont need a bulb in your tak as snakes take there heat from their belly. saying that i have a 100w nightlight bulb in my viv as thats what was suggested to me when i bought the snakes i have a thermostat wired to my haet bulb so it doesnt make the tank to warm.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  16:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with KC; you need no light (I forget the word) but it looks nice.
As corns do get their heat through the ground, it's best to get a mat, on a matstat. If you get heat lamp, it will have to be on a dimming stat. it will have to be guarded as we don't want snakey squeezing round the bulb and burning himself or breaking the bulb and getting glass everywhere do we?
The bulb would have to positioned like the heatmat; so 1/3rd of the viv will be warmer than the rest of the viv.

Bulbs are idealy for bigger snakes (I think?)

Anyway; check out the DIY section, I beleive that Lee did I guide on how to fit a light bulb in the tank; and post some pics of your set-up when it's up and running!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  09:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank youuuu,,,,, i have now got a huge hide half in the hot and half in the cool side,,,, i also have bought a lock for the sliding doors,,,, thanx to this forum,,, Tigga has a lovely home at a great heat for Tig!!!
thanx againn and i willl be uploading pics of Tiggas home so please have a look and if you can think of anything else that would be good to put in the viv please let me now, as i want tigga too live life to the full!!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  03:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to say how great it is having someone who so obviously cares for their snake and is doing everything they can to get it right - not being afraid to ask questions, getting as much advice as possible and following it. Well done Rach-Tigga-x!!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  08:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
also does anyone have a reptiglo 25w bulb in there tank? if i have it on for more than half an hour it shoots the temperture right up. but i thought they there just an ordinary light

If it is any sort of a light emitting bulb, then it will emit heat. In fact, 90% of the elecrical energy going into a bulb comes out in the form of heat rather than light, even infra red ones. The lower the wattage of bulb, the less energy it will use and therefore less heat and light. Hope this helps.

(Sorry, this reply was for MissTwinkle - I didn't realise the post I read from her was was so long ago until I just reread the thread. It doesn't make sense now.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’

Edited by - Sammysnake on 03/09/2009 16:44:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  16:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aww thanx kellog... i really like your comment,,,, i do want to get everything i can to make tiggas life better... thank you x

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  19:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done you Rach for being prepared to do everything for tigga
i bet he loves his new home with all the branches and hides and the right temps now

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  16:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes hes having a great time... i have uploaded some pics of his viv and of himm so take a look if you want :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  20:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean you can use a Bulb but most people use Mats, but i might switch to Bulb when Noodle is in a 3ft Viv with a Bulb fitting, its a personal choice really, what your happy and comfortable with

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  15:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  19:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes with a big Wooden 3ft Tank, sometimes i heatmat cant quite get the right Temp as its only like 25w. Where a Bulb can heat it all over really

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000