Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  20:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was not quit that lucky on his fist toilet time it happened in my hand and fell on the carpet!!!
fed him for the 1st time yesterday witch was interesting to watch, he likes to go under his water bowl a lot and doesn't seem to stay in his little rock house the heat mat side very often, could the heat mat be to hot?
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  21:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they tend to go into the hot end as and when they need to..mont doesnt travel into the warm end very often except for when hes eaten

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  18:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome lovely little snake u have there.....would like an adult ultramel myself:)

1.0.ghost stripe motley het vanishing pattern.
0.1.caramel motley het butters.
0.1.amel.
1.1.snows.
1.1.caramels het butter motleys.
1.1.boa constrictors.
0.1.cali king.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  18:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hay thanks, you got to get one but he's not an adult the little fella only two months old!!!!!!!1
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  21:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Thanks Remmy, still very wary about giving advice cos I know I have a lot to learn but have also learnt a lot already from the forum. Know that if I say something wrong I will be corrected fast and will appreciate the correction - these mods are great at giving advice and keeping an eye on advice given by others! xxx

Dont be wary about giving advice, most of us on here are still learning. Advise, personnel opinium or personnel experience, it all helps others.
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  21:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matn9111

i was not quit that lucky on his fist toilet time it happened in my hand and fell on the carpet!!!
fed him for the 1st time yesterday witch was interesting to watch, he likes to go under his water bowl a lot and doesn't seem to stay in his little rock house the heat mat side very often, could the heat mat be to hot?

What is the temp in the warm end? Apart from the 2 days after eating my 2 spend about 70% of the time in the cool hides.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  21:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Thanks Remmy, still very wary about giving advice cos I know I have a lot to learn but have also learnt a lot already from the forum. Know that if I say something wrong I will be corrected fast and will appreciate the correction - these mods are great at giving advice and keeping an eye on advice given by others! xxx

Dont be wary about giving advice, most of us on here are still learning. Advise, personnel opinium or personnel experience, it all helps others.

Thanks Remmy, nice to have encouragement and would like to get as involved as I can in forum. Everyone was such a help to me in the beginning and I am sure that help will continue cos I know I have lots still to learn. Just getting replies to your cry for help is a big help, knowing people are reading your question and understanding what you are going through..... xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  10:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very true kellog ive had snakes for a few years now and still learning new things:)

1.0.ghost stripe motley het vanishing pattern.
0.1.caramel motley het butters.
0.1.amel.
1.1.snows.
1.1.caramels het butter motleys.
1.1.boa constrictors.
0.1.cali king.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  11:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you learn by asking questions and if you go ahead and state something and someone can give you tips, and/or another pointer, then you will learn that way too

Not to be afraid, no bashing on here only in the politest ways possible..

That's very good advice Taz, best to handle her after a week of settling in only changing the decor around every couple of days and the water; handle her for 5 minutes every day for a week then upto 10.. then upto 15... My snake is never out for more than half an hour daily, only leave him in the blue and 2 days after feeding.
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  17:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice snake and welcome. Let him settle for a few days.my snow corn likes to curl up nice and still on my arm she has always been a very calm and relaxed snake she likes the heat of my body mind snakes take the heat from their belly.My other snake never sits still.You might just have a nice calm snake though it is still pretty young in time it will develop its own personality just persivere n only handle for short periods to start with. goodluck

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: