sheding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  02:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok annoying ....... just typed all this once n said there was a prob ..... grrrr
hi all ........ been reading n following this place for ages now ........ ive been keeping snakes for many many years had many dif typs..
atm im proud owner of 2 corns. rescued from death. 13 inches long nothing but skin n bone an 2 years old!!! damn i had to take em .. couldn't see em suffer...... ive had em now 5-6 mths .... n they doing great now look like how they should..... eating very well etc etc but the female is baffling me n im hoping you guys can help out..... my fiesty 1 ( lol shes a red head ) is now sheding every 3 weeks . like clock work..... lifted her log tonight to get her out to feed her n ffs she's shedding again......that makes this the 4th time n defo 3 weeks in between each...
this is baffling me to bits. does any of you guys have any idea why she would be sheding so much ??? i just wona do her rite n im worryed about her...
any ideas/ help will be so much welcomed thanks in advance
slider////// aka scott

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  03:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I cant answer your question about shedding slider, but I am sure someone on the forum can. My snake sheds approx every 6 weeks, but I gather it differs with each snake, age, stress etc. As long as she is eating well, it might be she is having to shed more often as she puts back on the weight she lost. xxx

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  08:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
13 inches is small for their age so it sounds like they have been under fed. Now you are feeding them properly they are just having a growth spurt thats why they are shedding so quick, nothing to worry about.

Edited by - Remmy on 09/08/2009 08:17:59
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  08:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah it sounds like she is just putting on weight and growing faster now that shes being fed properly

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  08:55:07  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with the above. If there is no sign of mites or any kind of infection then the fact that she is growing and getting up to weight could explain it. Matilda shed a lot too when she first came here after sorting her diet out.

If you are at all concerned then get her to the vets for a once over if only to put your mind at rest .

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  12:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good on you for rescuing the corns- it does sound like they are just feeling well and growing properly after some decent nutrition.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  16:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys ... thanks loads for your input :) they were tiny worms when i got em .. the change in them now is amazing in such a short time .. ppl find it hard to believe they are the same snakes..
after reading your replies im going to put the sheds down to the growth spurts they have both put on .... just 1 thing though the male is bigger than her and only shed once since i had them... guess each snake is different ...
thanks again guys :)
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  16:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Remmy

13 inches is small for their age so it sounds like they have been under fed. Now you are feeding them properly they are just having a growth spurt thats why they are shedding so quick, nothing to worry about.
[quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself after reading OP; I was thinking how to word my reply.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000