New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  17:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh thought I'd lost my first snake today , little Amel Isis , although how she could have gotten out of her rub would have been a magic act in itself .

So I open up the rub , take out the piece of plant and Mopani wood , lift her cave , then lift her tube at the warm end , I'm now down to the substrate and drinking bowl , okay lift the bowl , hmmm tinker is in the substrate , run my fingers gently through , heart starts to beat a little faster when I realise she is'nt there . Kids are hanging around and my wife happens to pass when I say those words " a snake has escaped " next thing I hear is "well , I'm moving into my aunts until you find it " all the while I am looking at these empty objects then stand with the Mopani wood in hand . I happen to glance at my second oldest daughter who had this strange look on her face . She says "Dad , did you check everything ?" me "yep , everything" she then looks down at my hand and says "everything ? " I look down and twist the wood , this is what I saw .

Little tinker was well tucked in , needless to say my heart slowed down , had to laugh , now I will check that wood properly , every time

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  17:57:15  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that happened to me but she was in the substate and i ran my fingers through and nothing tipped it out to clean and what appeared my corn. little tinkers as you say
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  20:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aww, she'll be an expert at hide and seek!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  21:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol excellent story, its amazing where you can find them.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  21:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm...

I had that I pulled out everything and seived through the substrate.. nothing!
yet he was curled up in the corner I couldn't find him at first! he had buried himself a little burrow and mound of aspen lol.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  21:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaw bless
i did something like that with mont the other week.. i assumed he was in his mossy hide so i took his small tub with kitchen towel in and his other hide out and put them on the side..then took the moss out the mossy hide and couldnt find him..i lifted everything up and was shouting at my mum cause she was the last person in my room... my heart was racing and was on verge of crying when i went to move the tub and hide on the side and i noticed him hidden under the kitchen towel.. good job he wasnt very active or i could have aided his escape!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  21:49:41  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awww I really like that photo too

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  10:50:47  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL funny stuff, im glad you found her!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  14:42:59  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
know the feeling,ad the same with one of my king.Your heart gets faster as you move more things out lol

Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  17:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everytime I see her looking at me now from her rub , she looks like she's laughing at me , and the tongue flicking , sometimes , just sometimes , I believe she is actually sticking it out at me

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  18:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have that problem with My Snow, it is almost the same colour as the Aspen so can be well hidden. Plus I have a rock which it can hide in making checking on it almost a quest.

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  21:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe, you've discovered her favourite little hiding hole now.

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000