Idea: end of year competition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  11:56:10  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know we have an ideas thread for the next competition but didn't want to go off topic with that thread with this idea:

I have 2 ideas for a massive end of year competition, one based just on these forums and the other crossing all the network forums lewy has made. So take a seat and bare with me

Idea A:
December arrives, we have a winner's winner competition here on thecornsnake.co.uk forums.
All the photos from January through to November are put back online for voting for the title of Photo of the year 2009.
Winner gets their photo hosted on the website, etc, etc maybe some freebie or prize involved (possible sponsorship by a reptile shop with a prize donated by them).

Idea B:
Might be a nightmare logistically but once a year we have one massive competition between all the forums, e.g.:

Cornsnake forum has a competition in November and X person wins.
Kingsnake forum has a competition in November and Y person wins.
Rainbow Boa forum has a competition in November and Z person wins.
etc for all the forums.

Then in December the winning photos from X, Y and Z go head to head for the Winter holiday title.

Discus

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  11:59:08  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Editing is not working for some reason:
Just to confirm idea A all the photos from January through to November would be just the winning photos from their respective month, so 11 photos to vote on.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  15:06:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I do understand what you mean.
Basically the monthly winners go into a compo at the end of the year and a Winners winner is voted for.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  16:04:00  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is a nice idea!
I would happily donate some books or maybe some equipment as a prize?

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  16:12:44  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I do understand what you mean.
Basically the monthly winners go into a compo at the end of the year and a Winners winner is voted for.

Yup that what I mean in a nutshell

quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

That is a nice idea!
I would happily donate some books or maybe some equipment as a prize?

Sounds good, obviously we would have to sort out how the prize would be sent/given to the winner as it wouldn't be fair to leave this up to Kehhlyr to post heavy books etc to the winner.

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  17:28:07  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If we're gonna have a crack at this and advertising the monthly draw we need to start thinking up some graphics and stuff.

E.g:

5 second bodge job in PS borrowing the forum graphic
But you get the picture!

Edited by - lucifer on 04/08/2009 17:28:31
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  19:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds cool

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  20:19:22  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good idea
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  12:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a great idea, but why not add a xmas 1 to it as well just for fun

4 corn girls, 3 corn boy, 3 girl corn x rats, 1 boy corn x rat, 3 royal girls, 4 royal boys, 2 king girls, 4 king boys 1 common boa girl
And to pick up.....
1 butter motley boy + 1 girl

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  13:24:59  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice graphics lucifer and a good idea too... (the font we use in the logo is Kozuka Gothic Pro

I've got a corn snake keeping book which was donated as a prize a while ago by one of our members (who unfortunately disappeared... antilagman hope your okay where ever you are!) I will put that up for grabs as a prize (not even been opened, it's still as new)

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  13:46:13  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool, just need to get the competitions started again then

[edit] just acquiring that font Lewy so I'll redo those banners!

Edited by - lucifer on 08/09/2009 13:49:03
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  17:31:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gah, and captain sensible me forgot to start this months compo.
I shall do it this evening.

So this month will only run for 22 days. (ish)

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  23:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Idea B could be a problem.

If you have a photo from each forum that is their yearly winner, and then they all get voted on again to determine the outright cross forum yearly winner, don't you run the risk of each forum just voting for their own yearly winner? So in effect, the picture from the forum with the most members is probably going to be the runaway winner.

It is a good idea, but i am not sure it can be done in a really fair way.

Edited by - n/a on 08/09/2009 23:57:31
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  22:59:35  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bioshock

Idea B could be a problem.

If you have a photo from each forum that is their yearly winner, and then they all get voted on again to determine the outright cross forum yearly winner, don't you run the risk of each forum just voting for their own yearly winner? So in effect, the picture from the forum with the most members is probably going to be the runaway winner.

It is a good idea, but i am not sure it can be done in a really fair way.

You have a good point there

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000