New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  11:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.

Thanks for all the info, I couldn't manage without it.

Anyway, my snake is now about 9 months old and is still in his little plastic viv. He's about 2" in length now. He's still on fuzzies but seems hungry all the time.

2 Questions please:

1) Should I be moving him to the larger viv. I just don't know if he's ready yet or not (I've heard it's stressful if they move into an environment which is much bigger).

2) Is it OK to move him onto bigger mice and in the meantime, can I feed him up to 3 fuzzie's in one sitting or will that be bad for him.

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  14:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Up to two years old an 18" x 12" x 12" viv is big enough.
Buy a couple of the next size up and try him on one, If it is too big he will not attempt to eat it.
I am sure however he is due an increase in food size.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  14:40:55  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
snakes dont like big spaces however need sufficient room to explore at night. ny corns are 3 ft in length and are in a 2 ft viv atm but will be moving them very soon. as for the food stumpy is correct just buy a larger mouse and try him with it. if he doesnt think he is capable of eating it then he will just leave it.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  16:52:29  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how big is your fuanarium? if your snake is longer than the lengh + width of the viv it should be moved up,you can alway really pack the viv out with extra greenery ect if it is a bit too big.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  17:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks guys, much appreciated as usual.

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000