3 weeks to go
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  12:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my corn snake eggs are due to hatch in around 3 weeks time and they dont seem to be sagging or dipping they are nice and round. They are however growing mold on them, some worse than others and i cant see these ones hatching, but theres around 3-4 that have a little patch of brownish mold on top. i have placed some athletes fut powder on them and it seems to be slowing it down. what i want to know is will these 4 eggs still hatch or will they die now?

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  16:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im know expert but i would move the mouldy ones away from the cleaner ones be carefull doing this as you dont want to turn the eggs or squash them if they are stuck you can seperate them with dental floss if the eggs go yellow and the shell is soft they are probably dead they do smell if they are dead if they are hard like leather n white they should be healthy maybe the mould has came of the dead ones onto the others moving them should help also make sure the eggs are not too wet. goodluck

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  17:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mould is mainly due to too much humdity, as long and they dont go yellow or start sinking they should be fine. Athletes foot powder is fine, but watch how moist your incubating medium is.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2009 :  18:42:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mould is usually due to not enough air circulation.......... it's hard to have too much humidity when the humidity requirement is nigh on 100%

DON'T move them, at such a late stage in their development you could do more harm than good and drown the babies in their eggs............ either leave them or treat with athlete's foot powder

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000