Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 What's the best way to transport snakes..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  14:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I am hopefully going through to Sheffield on Sunday to finally get Sid sexed.

My question is, what's the best way to package Sid up for his journey. I know when I bought Sid he was just in a cricket tub with a bit of tissue on the bottom.

Would a Pillow case tied at the top and placed into a cardboard box be OK for Sid. This should keep him from escaping but also should keep him warm (even though I know he will be warm in the car as my other half is 10 degrees below everyone else when it comes to being warm.)

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  15:04:14  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
totally your choice.

possabilities are : pillow case, plastic tub, pillow case in a tub ... basically anything dark that will make your snake feel safe
Go to Top of Page

Taz Devil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
188 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  15:11:55  Show Profile  Visit Taz Devil's Homepage  Click to see Taz Devil's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah, OK thanks for that. I thought that temperatures might be a problem with Sid being out of his viv for any length of time.

0.1.0 Corn Snake (Sid)

Sids Live WebCam
http://snakecam.tazworld.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  15:52:59  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nah its only really if you were travelling for a stupid amount of time upwards of a few hours that you'd have to worry about temps.

Otherwise he'll probs jsut go to sleep :)

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I travelled mine from Berkshire to Aberdeenshire in a pillowcase inside a shoebox- worked a treat.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2009 :  17:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can always take a hot water bottle of WARM water with you but it's really not necessary at this time of year, more for in the winter or very long journeys.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000