Barley a bump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  09:38:36  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Feed Bam yesterday with 1 pinky which I got from a pet shop. The ones I got off a friend were much bigger and left a bump. The ones I got from the shop are alot smaller and left hardley a bump. Later that evening Bam was back out mooching around. Next feed would you recomend I gave him 2? He is only a month old and about 1 1/2 foot, athough the pinky is 1 1/2 sise his middle by the time it gets there there is barley a bump?

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  11:18:27  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Erm find him some bigger ones to eat lol! But yeah 2 should be ok!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  17:34:55  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok ill try him on 2 next time, just worried me giving him 2 as he is only a month old!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  18:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would go for 2 as well. He is big isn`t he, 1 month old and 1 1/2 foot!

Edited by - Remmy on 21/07/2009 18:01:38
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:08:06  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yea think he's gonna be a big un!! 1 1/2 foot is a guess as the viv he is in ia 11 inches long and he can stretch out tail in one corner, all the way along and head halfway up the tank which is about 8 or 9 inches tall, so just a guess!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2 were 1 1/2 foot long at 6 months lol
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:17:59  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I bought him off a friend who is a breeder, so I am 100% sure of his age! It was witten on the rub with his shedding feeding and shed record. Maybe its just a growth spurt and he will slow down a bit!! I hope so or do I have a freek of nature lol. I ws told the father was just over 5 foot and the mothers mum was nearly 6! So maybe that has something to do with it?
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  19:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mines just over 2 at 10months!

I'd give him 2 a bit bigger pinks. do your shop size their pinks or its just luck of the draw?

If not, I'd try one of those bigger ones once every 5 days? or is that for hatchlings, I'm not sure if a month old counts as hatchling.. ^^

Mines going on smalls weekly after these two fluffs are gone tomorrow night..

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  20:35:08  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its luck of the draw at the mo, My mate orders in bulk load and is adding me a bag of 100 on her next order, so they will be larger pinkys! At the mo its small ones. Ill give him 2 for now till I get the ones from my mate then see how things re going as regards to 1 or 2 a week?
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  21:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea. See how he takes one bigger pinks for a while; maybe a few weeks at least. clearly if he looks around after eating and is in eating mood
he digests it quickly
and theres no significant lump
then its onto two!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  23:30:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
at a month old i'd still only feed 1 pinky

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000