So its the moon anny...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  17:10:17  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What do people think? Did they actually do it? Or was it all a huge hoax? This is always an interesting subject for conspiricy theories

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always believed they did, but i heard something interesting today. In the sixties tv was fairly new and you needed a transmitter the size of a 2 storey buiding to send pictures so how did they broadcast live from the moon. Does make you think!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea. I know nothing about it

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonna know why if they could transmit a TV signal from the moon 40 years ago, they still cant get my Sky TV to work properly when it rains!!

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:34:11  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

I wonna know why if they could transmit a TV signal from the moon 40 years ago, they still cant get my Sky TV to work properly when it rains!!

lol

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matty, you mean there is a post that you know nothing about!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

Thats coz they never had rain on the moon lol
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Remmy

Matty, you mean there is a post that you know nothing about!

Crazy isnt it

Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang your head in shame lol
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  19:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought we'd done this on another thread?
I'm not convinced myself. There's a lot of evidence out there that suggests even now it would be very difficult. Let alone back in 1969.
Plus a lot of the supposed moon "photos" have massive errors and anomalies on them! There is a lot of info on the subject all over the WWW for both sides. Putting a robot on the moon is much easier than actually putting men on the moon. I want to know why if they did it haven't they been back? Still a lot to learn about our nearest neighbour despite what NASA might have you believe!

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  22:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dno.. part of me wants to believe they did but another part of me says they didnt.. in one pic/video (cnt remember which) the flag is waving in the wind but in space there is no wind...
and also if it was a hoax that would explain why neil armstrong disappeared into obscurity...

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  23:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think i wrote an essay on this in school (it wasnt great tho haha)
it takes "x time" to transmit radio (or whatever) signal "y miles"
when they were showen communicating the response time was almost immediate
now if the signal had to be sent all that way it would take
so a certain time to travel say "40x" and then the guy would respond then it would take another "40x" for the signals to get back to the base
so it should have taken atleast "80x" between sending message to recieveing message
whereas the footage only took "30x" between messages
so it doesnt add up
as "80x" should equal "80y" whereas in the footage it was more like "30x" equals "80y"

sorry for the horrible explanation but im sure u know what im saying

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  23:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone wonder how they managed to put people on the moon with tape-loading spectrums, but we still need a super computer to run windows Vista??

Something seriously wrong there. In power comparison, my pentium 1 (133mhz) machine should have the power to put people on the moon.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  23:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe the computer side of things is more budget, a super computer from somewhere like comet is expensive because its pre built and installed, whereas homebuilt computers are usually cheaper and far more powerfull.
they would have had a BIG budget for something like a moon landing and all the comp stuff would be built and designed by there own engineers to exact specifications
also they would have made the softwares less "power hungry" than a power hog like wondows

take linux v windows for example

and also these days your car has more powerfull ecus than the moon landing machines lol prob ur phone aswelll

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Edited by - n/a on 21/07/2009 00:03:17
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  23:59:07  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Americans got there all right, with the help of the tech collected during the 1947 Roswell incident.
I love a conspiracy

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  09:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arnt people saying that there will be comercial trips to the moon available in a few years? Does that not sort of say it happend?

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  11:26:24  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Arnt people saying that there will be comercial trips to the moon available in a few years? Does that not sort of say it happend?

Well there's Virgin Galactic but that only takes you to the edge of our atmosphere so you can experience about 2 mins worth of weightlessness and look down on the planet.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  12:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And I bet we could bring some torches or spanners and spin them in mid-air and claim we we in space.

Strangely though, I do believe that we got to the moon, there is always a vast amount of conspiracy theorys where something like this is involved.
The biggest bit of evidence FOR the moon landings is the development of the short range re-usable shuttle.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  12:21:55  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I 100% believe we made it to the moon!
I have one reason for this, the russians!
They hated the Americans and they were having their massive "space race"
If the Americans hadn't got to then moon the Russians would have made sure the whole world knew!
This is why i believe old Neilly definitely got there lol!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  12:33:47  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And the reason the flag "waves" is due to the lower gravity and because their is no air resistance to stop it!

Not only that but the flag had a metal mesh inside it to make it stand straight in the absence of wind lol! Wen the astronauts unrolled the flag they left ripples in it to make it look more realistic!

So damn u conspirators! LOL

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000