parential difficulties
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  15:41:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i dont have a corn snake but i am willing to keep one. However,my perants are afarid that i will leave it with them when i go to bording school.i am trying my hardest to reason with them but it is not working. i am a real enthuosiast about reptiles and corn snakes are amazing! WHAT SOULD I TELL THEM??

thanks guys, snakekid

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  16:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya, and welcome to the forum.
Would you be allowed to take it with you when you go to boarding school? If not, then I can understand their worry.
When were you hoping to get one? And when is boarding school due to start?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  18:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a parent I understand their worries and as a snake lover I understand why you want to get one. If you forget about your parents and think of the snake as just YOUR PET, is it fair to get one if you are going to be away for long periods of time. Are you home every weekend or only holiday time? If you get it and dont spend the time with it, it will land up as your parents snake not yours, which isnt what you want. Unless you can take the snake to boarding school I would suggest you wait until a better time. Sorry if this isnt what you want to hear but think about 'your snake'.

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2009 :  01:48:59  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Kellog here snakekid (welcome to the forum btw). I can totally understand why you'd love a pet corn, BUT, you need to consider the snake as well. If you're not able to regularly care for, look after, feed and handle your snake then well it really be your pet? And if you parents are afraid of them, then I doubt considering they will be doing the majority of the work to look after it they will agree to let you get one, and as much as I hate to say it, I think they may be right! Perhaps when you've finished school and you spend most of your time back at home, you'll be able to persuade them

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2009 :  14:24:12  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Again, I have to agree.
I just got my first snake last year, I had to wait until I finished school and moved away from my parents...it's for the best.
Sorry mate =(

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000