poo question!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  15:11:50  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok got my little fella home yesterday, got it in the little viv, with news paper on the bottom. I know the advice is to leave them alone for a week to let them settle, but it has had a poo. Do I disturb it and change the paper or leave it?

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  15:24:43  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmm, good call....... i'd prolly leave it a couple more days if the smell isn't too bad........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  15:30:24  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No does not smell at all. Thought id post the question as I done a search but all I found was leave new snakes alone for a week, and in other threads remove poo as soon as possible! it kind of conflicted so thought Id ask!
Thanks for the quick reply!
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  15:32:14  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if you can just change the area that has been soiled do so.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  15:36:14  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
not quite as easily done with paper but certainly worth a go

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  16:23:08  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
without actualy ripping the paper I cant, The snake is also in the hide that is right next to the poo in the cool end! Its pretty warm here and it as ben spending all day in there!! Ill give it till wendsday (when he is due a feed) and see if i can take it out the viv and change the paper then, (I have a cunning plan!!!) Put transport tub in viv with pinky, (i have cut a hole in one end) snake smells pinky, goes to feed, while feeding lift tub out, get partner to hold a piece of card over the hole, in the mean time change paper, then put tub back in, let snake come back out of its own accord, then remove tub again!! Thus hopefully causing as little stress as possable!
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  14:46:31  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good thing about aspen ya can spot clean to ya hearts content ,, just replace the bit u took out with a pinch of clean aspen.. :O)

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  15:04:39  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I ended up changeing it the next day. I ust plucked Bam out poed hin in a little tub witha lid (and air holes), changed the paper, water and then put him back. Have left him since. He has a pinky in there at the mo (doubt he will eat it) then I noticed a bit of poo in the corner! little sod. If he has not eaten the pinky by late evening ill chuck it and change the paper again. The first time i plucked him out he went riged but never tried to bite, so if he dont eat I might give him a go at being handled, see how he is
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  15:05:50  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yea I will change to aspen soon, was using paper for the first few weeks to make sure he was healthy and was going to use it till after his first feed so I can make sure there is no regurge to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000