Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  00:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so tic tac finally shed,
and as expected she only got half the skin off
but i gave her a wee soak in the sink and managed to remove the rest of her skin very slowly with a damp towel, prob a bit stressful for her but she seems fine now and she took her first fuzzy today *chuffed* hehe

so thats all incase anyone was intrested in the update, hopefully next shed is alot easier and i could sware shes grown in the few weeks ive had her???

also what is u guys opinion on live feeding? not for tic tac, but a mate is buying a boa(hes from the states) and that seems to be how its done there, is it legal here?
maybe a stupid question but ye

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  00:41:55  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevind1989

so tic tac finally shed,
and as expected she only got half the skin off
but i gave her a wee soak in the sink and managed to remove the rest of her skin very slowly with a damp towel, prob a bit stressful for her but she seems fine now and she took her first fuzzy today *chuffed* hehe

so thats all incase anyone was intrested in the update, hopefully next shed is alot easier and i could sware shes grown in the few weeks ive had her???

also what is u guys opinion on live feeding? not for tic tac, but a mate is buying a boa(hes from the states) and that seems to be how its done there, is it legal here?
maybe a stupid question but ye

firstly well done on the shed and feed. did you startle her while shedding?

as for the live feeding its legal in this country aslong as its to help the life of the snake and is not done as a form of entertament. well thats the short version if you want more detail i will point u in the right direction.

as for an american snake and live food well i have an american royal that was on live food but took frozen straight away.
my advice is buy brittish(know it sounds corny) tho keep the money in the country and help the breeders become better esteblished.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  00:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aye she had a couple jumps while i was (helping, hopefully i didnt do wrong thing) and its not american snake its american owner, who is under the impression, which i agree on sorta that its the way things are done in the wild so its the way things are done in captivity but ye uve prob had this disussion before im betting

1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:05:28  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
next time she sheds dont disturb her watch by all means if you catch her doing but dont touch her even if you think she is strugerling and make no sudden movements.

i dont disagree with live feeding. but i also belive that you wouldnt just throw a dog a rabbit for dinner so there can be changes to the snakes way of feeding.

there are many different views on it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the thing with the shed was tht she had a fight with some duct tape a week back which broke the top layer of skin

and she only shed down to the break which was expected and i thought the help was necessary cause shed have difficulty shedding the rest

1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:10:24  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i remember. in that case you my have been right but if there sheds break they normal can start again on there own

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:37:00  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the real problem I feel with live feeding in captivity is, a live mouse/rat can do a lot of damage to a snake if the snake isn't hungry,
Inthe wild the snake would only look for prey when it is hungry, seen too many horror shots of diff. Snake species that have been ravaged by these small and seemingly harmless rodents.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  01:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the input guys.

1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000