New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  13:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was in the rep shop yesterday and the guy had a young corn snake in and he said it was a root beer corn?

it was gorgeous and if i had the money i would have bought it but having never heard of this morph before i was wondering if anyone else had? he said it was a relatively new morph..being a bit daft i forgot to get a pic of it but it was a pale brown and yellowish brown (if i remember correctly) similar to the aztec but it didnt have the usual zig zag markings... will get a pic next time im round there..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  13:13:38  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah rootbeer is a morph and it is stunning

http://www.vmsherp.com/ImagePages/Corns/Rootbeer.htm

how much was it?
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  13:25:20  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aren't they an intergrade/hybrid?

emoryi x corn?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  13:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he was gorgeous... reeeeeeeeally wanted him but money issues say i cant.. hmm payday in a week and a bit.. to celebrate starting my new job might see if the parents will let me get him lol
i thought i had heard of the morph but wasnt sure if i was dreaming it or not lol

urm was being sold for £52

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  14:33:16  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Rootbeer's a new one on me! Had a lookie at the link Brookestar posted up though - is very pretty

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  14:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
il try and get a pic next time a go in but it really was gorgeous... i want i want i want!!

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  16:42:33  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yh its like a jungle i belive a hybrid but dunno what with
Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  21:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found this on Wiki

'Root Beer are intergrades between a normal Corn Snake and a Great Plains Rat Snake (Emory's Rat Snake). Root Beer snakes look much like a sepia toned Corn Snake.'

HTH

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:41:13  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nah defo more budweiser -esque...lol

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  18:24:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hybrids aren't for me.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  22:19:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Hybrids aren't for me.

are they not???

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  11:25:24  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
£52 is a great price hannah. awaiting your pic :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

87 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  11:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i saw a root beer in a rep shop when i got locusts for my beardie, absoloute beauties!

the amazing colour of the cornsnake, as it glides through the feild, never a mistake
so as not to wake
the hapless prey before it, this may as well roll over and close it's eyes as the silent hunter shall always get his prize.
the forked tounge can smell you mouse,red eyes can see you stir, if she does not wake and run now, that will be the end of her.
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  11:29:30  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
· Creamsicles are amelanistics which have been hybridized with emoryi. They range from red creams to yellow creams, depending on the amount of heritage from each species. The normal variation is called rootbeer, and the hypo emoryi crosses are called cinnamons.

just found this in my book so thought i would clear up the subject once and for all
rootbear is a form of creamsicle corn snake!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2009 :  19:04:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they're evil hybrids

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000