New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys,

I've been keeping snakes for nearly nine years now and I've decided I want to breed corns. I do know a little about this subject but not nearly enough to start right now.

I'm looking for tips, methods and layouts of what others have used to successfully breed corn snakes. I.e. Time of year, weights, feeding hatchlings etc..

Basically everything to do with breeding corns I wonna know before doing it.

So if anyone could help.......

Thanks Guys!

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bit late in the year now so you'd be looking at next spring really. If your snakes are big enough (3 years, 3 foot and 300G) you might want to look in to cooling/brumating over the winter to get them in the mood. Breading corns really isn't that difficult and you have plenty of time to read up on it and get an incubator built.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:37:58  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have been swatting up on this too ready for next season for my kings which is simular to breeding corns.Take a look at this,it,s really easy to follow,complete with dates ect.
http://www.kingsnake.com/colubrid/index.html

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:41:48  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
are we on for trying some jungles next season tizzy?been looking into it and you need a pair of breeding corns and when their just about to get it on swap the female corn with a female king (my albino cali),there a few tricks to use aswell,so you pimping or what?

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  15:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No probs, we'll get together and have a proper chat about it close to the time. Romeo would be a good choice - Very horney and my biggest male.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  16:30:34  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
looks like all 3 kings will be getting brumated then.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000