Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

janeann10uk
Hatchling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  11:27:35  Show Profile  Click to see janeann10uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Was sold LILY as a lavender motley but pinstripe and Q-tip have been suggested. she is striped but has a few splodgy motley spots near her tail. Any ideas ?

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  12:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lavender stripe! not motley lol. how much for her?
Go to Top of Page

janeann10uk
Hatchling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  13:32:52  Show Profile  Click to see janeann10uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
paid £100 Think thats steep ?
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  13:52:26  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lets say i would be willing to a lil more lol. lavender corns arent that common to start off with and because stripe is a reccesive gene in aint common wither [obviously breeders will produce mass of them but they are still "uncommon"] so i would pay £150 but most shops would charge around £100-£120 for it
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  15:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it can still be a motley if there is even one blotch. I think its only a stripe if its a complete unbroken stripe.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  16:48:09  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
but some stripes have a motley pattern until grown on when it turns stripe doesnt it?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  19:42:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its a lav motley ;)

q-tip refers to the bits of stripe with a circle at the end. Its definetly not a stripe, because the colours would be the other way around :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  09:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, Lavender Motley.

Motley and Stripe share the same allele, stripe being recessive to Motley. Because they affect the pattern in a similar way some times you get full motley q-tipped stripes but if you were to breed such a snake to a stripe you would normal patterning.

Thanks

-- I'm here bcoz i'm not all there --

http://www.corn-snakes.org- My Corn Snake Website!!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  18:16:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you bred a motley to a stripe you'd get all visual motleys, but they would be 'het motley and het stripe'.

if a visual motley is carrying a stripe gene, it will have no effect whatsoever on the pattern because it is totally recessive to motley.

q-tip/pinstripe/whatever else it gets called is just variations of the motley pattern.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  21:10:20  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Lav Motley

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2009 :  23:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know anything about morphs (yet!) but i think shes lovely
real pretty girl *i want* lol

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2009 :  09:36:16  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
did not see the motley side im so stupid!
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2009 :  12:23:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever it is it's a beautiful snake!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2009 :  15:41:02  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
v pretty

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  12:17:03  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gorgous snake

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred
Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  20:57:49  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh! I want your snake!!! :( she's a beauty!

Go to Top of Page

janeann10uk
Hatchling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  10:23:45  Show Profile  Click to see janeann10uk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She is an absolute beauty isnt she ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

87 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  15:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:drool:

the amazing colour of the cornsnake, as it glides through the feild, never a mistake
so as not to wake
the hapless prey before it, this may as well roll over and close it's eyes as the silent hunter shall always get his prize.
the forked tounge can smell you mouse,red eyes can see you stir, if she does not wake and run now, that will be the end of her.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  21:47:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice snake sure others will disagree but its a lavender stripe motley......yes it does exsist its where there are both stripes and a motley pattern, (quite a recently named pattern:)and a good price you paid for it too:)

1.0.ghost stripe motley het vanishing pattern.
0.1.caramel motley het butters.
0.1.amel.
1.1.snows.
1.1.caramels het butter motleys.
1.1.boa constrictors.
0.1.cali king.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  00:55:14  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fantiki

very nice snake sure others will disagree but its a lavender stripe motley......yes it does exsist its where there are both stripes and a motley pattern, (quite a recently named pattern:)and a good price you paid for it too:)

(pin)stripe motley is just a wonky motley pattern, and can occur without the corn having the stripe gene.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  07:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is alot of opinions on this i have found. i brought a stripe that is not full and has motley blotches in it like BE circled in your picture.
It was sold to me as a stripe, but have been told that it was a 'striped motley' but have also be told that if it was sold to me as a stripe it is just a poor quality stripe.

here is a pic.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000