Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  11:29:53  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my college just got closed down because of a case of swine flu.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

87 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  12:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that as long as you are hygenic you'll be fine, i go to school along with some disgusting people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.

the amazing colour of the cornsnake, as it glides through the feild, never a mistake
so as not to wake
the hapless prey before it, this may as well roll over and close it's eyes as the silent hunter shall always get his prize.
the forked tounge can smell you mouse,red eyes can see you stir, if she does not wake and run now, that will be the end of her.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  12:56:56  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA My sister has PIG FLU. I know i shouldn't find it so funny but i do so .....squeel little piggy!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's OK my Bristol Buddies she lives miles away down in Penzance so she can't infect us with her piggy germs.

Somebody should not have been so horrible about her sister. Now i have Piigy flu too. Karma?

quote:
Originally posted by serpentseye

people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.

LMAO just qouting tizzy,i know you and can say you dont smell like 100 y/o cheese

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  16:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest if you get it you get it and you do the same as you would for any infection.
Take plenty of fluids (keep hydrated and I'm talking at least 2.5 to 3 litres a day). Thermo regulate yourself using paracetamol and a fan, duvets etc. Make sure you continue to eat properly even if you don't feel like eating. Keep your brain and body active it all helps to fight infections.
To be honest there are more serious viruses and bacteria out there than swine flu. HIV, TB & hepatitis plus gazillions of mutations of STI's (so if your young and sexually active bewarned you have a 1-3 chance of getting something if you don't take precautions) are back on the increase. And with the spread west of the Tiger mosquito, maleria in the UK is a real possibility in the next 10 years or so.
Personaly I don't think swine flu is worth getting stressed over........

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Edited by - n/a on 13/07/2009 16:18:49
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  18:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]

Easy to say when you're not confined to your bed hugging a bottle of lucozade and a barf bucket I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  19:57:34  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i personally would turn a blind eye to it, the news people always makes us worry, thats their job!
ive heard it all through the years i have grown up through the years. BSE/mad cows disease. Foot and Mouth disease. Bird Flu (all look they all orginated from farm animals). Last year and still today they babble on about the credit crunch and the recession- its just so depressing. and Now this!!!! I just turn a blind eye to it now, and when ever i hear the news i just start singing or doing something else and just convince myself that everythings all hunky dory! thats how i get through it all. Sod the news people!

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  20:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
[i]

Easy to say when you're not confined to your bed hugging a bottle of lucozade and a barf bucket I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.

I wasn't being unsympathetic. Its no fun when your Ill but you just have to do what you can to get through it. So do you have swine flu? have you been tested for it? Are you on anti virals? Hope you get well soon.......

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  20:37:54  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I feel totally pants by the way - thanks for the sympathy peeps.

What like the sypathy you gave your sisteronly joking hope all you sufferers get well soon

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  21:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widey

So do you have swine flu? have you been tested for it? Are you on anti virals? Hope you get well soon.......

Yep, no and yes.

They aren't swabbing people now coz it takes to long so they just decide over the phone by symptoms and how high your fever is. Got the Tamiflu today but it's making me feel really sick so i might just have to sit it out. It was more important that my other half got some really as he has a rare immune system disorder (congenital familer cyclical neutropenia) and cant afford to get any form of flu. They wouldn't give it to the kids though - kinda harsh as i have 2 under 5s with asthma.

[/quote]What like the sypathy you gave your sisteronly joking hope all you sufferers get well soon
[/quote]

Hey i may have taken the micky but i also called her every day and sent flowers too.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  22:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by serpentseye

I think that as long as you are hygenic you'll be fine, i go to school along with some disgusting people who NEVER wash their hands and smell like 100 year old cheese and they are probaly the most likely to get it.

no no no! be dirty and gross, and then your immune system will be ninja-like and you wont get ill. I wash, dont get me wrong, but I work with horses and dogs, and I accidently ingest millions of grubby little germs a day... but I'm never ever ill! you build up a good immune system from your body constantly fighting off illnesses and this is what stops you getting SICK.

If you are never exposed to pathogens, then your body will have not had any practice at fighting them off, so THOSE are the people that get ill- you clean ones!

Swine Flu- Catch it, Eat it, Live forever!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  23:41:14  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tizzy,I would bring you some flowers and a bunch of grapes down but i dont want to get contaminated ,get well soon.

Edited by - lee2308 on 13/07/2009 23:41:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000