tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  11:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are horses. For a few reasons.
1- they are huge.
2- they have a mind of their own.
3- said mind can have them running away with you and you can't do anything to stop them.
4- when they decide they don't want you on their back anymore. Your off.
5- and the worst is when they glance at you side ways and you get that sliver of the evil white bit in the eye.

Horrid evil big creatures (in my opinion)

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  12:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No animals do but anything with more than 4 legs does ie spiders, bugs of any description I freak out sad huh lol, which is why I could never get a Lizard even though I'd love one feeding time would leave me traumatised lmao x
Go to Top of Page

SilverWings
Yearling

United Kingdom
740 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  12:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like horses ^_^

Anything with 8 legs creeps me out. Crabs, spiders, both make me shudder. Also centipedes, but I love millipedes. I probably hate centipedes because I used to read the animorphs books as a kid and the evil, disgusting Taxxon race were just giant centipedes.

And cows, for no reason at all.

2.2.3 Corn snakes; Red, Rosie, Liana, Checkers, Luna, Diego, Snowman
1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Snake; Aleron
1.0 Green Anoles; Doug
1.0 Greyhound; Lee
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  14:02:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love horses ( got two :-) ), and I think I can be their advocate and help explain :-)

1 - not all of them are huge, they come in all sizes, and some are tiny :-)
2 - they do indeed have a mind of their own - but, here the knowledge is your friend. The more you know about how they think, and their body language, the more you can predict, what they're going to do, how they feel, etc.
3 - it's very, very rare for the horse to truly bolt, and that's the only time you can do nothing to stop them - at least not to start with. Otherwise, again, by knowing how the horse thinks, you can stop any dangerous situation before it develops. Then there are many things you can do, even if the worse has happened.
4 - not necessarily :-) Depends how well you ride, and also on the horse. My old girl, Lucy , has only ever managed to get me off once in the 12 years I've had her ( I've been riding for over 30 years, but I'm not exactly a brilliant rider ), and once we both fell, when she tripped and somersaulted ( fortunately in very slow motion ). On the other hand, my youngster will probably have me off very often, if his mad changes of direction in flat out gallop in the field are anything to go by... hence I don't intend to even canter him, until he's learned how to behave with a rider on his back ( in theory....)
5 - they probably sense your fear - and that makes them fearful, or at least uncomfortable around you, in their turn. Also, some riding school or trecking horses can suss out a human pretty fast, and take what advantage they can, in self defense. Some have been so badly treated by humans, they can become truly defensive. But those are not the ones for you to be around...

If you ever want to get rid of your fear, come and see my two dobbins. Lucy especially is slow , small, quiet and cuddly, and as long as you bring plenty of presents in the form of food, she'll do anything for you :-) She'll be happy to ignore your fear, if it means she gets a peppermint :-)

I don't like insects and spiders ( which is completely irrational, compared to fear of horses ). If I get stung by a wasp, I freak out not because of the pain, but because of the fact there's an insect TOUCHING me, and worse, ATTACHED to me by its backside!

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  14:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spiders, bugs, all insects really apart from bees and dragonflies. Actually the flying bugs dont seem to bother me apart from daddy long legs cos they are like spiders. And moths.
*shudders*
Thats why I tend to avoid the off corn room unless I know its not one of those things with too many legs.

I adore horses and learnt to ride, without a saddle, at the tender age of 3. Wish I could still ride :(

Its weird, I love snakes but my best friend has a terrible phobia, Ive never seen one so bad, of them but she wants one of those T things with too many legs and I have a phobia of them. Its funny really.

0.1 Corn- Carolina- Lady Sybil Deidre Olgivanna Vimes (née Ramkin), Duchess of Ankh
1.0 Corn- Granite het charcoal- His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
1.0 MBK- Feegle
1.0 corn- anery/ghost motley, Pewsey Ogg
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha
Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  14:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

If I get stung by a wasp, I freak out not because of the pain, but because of the fact there's an insect TOUCHING me, and worse, ATTACHED to me by its backside!

I couldnt help but laugh at that! I have a fantastic image in my head of you dancing around shouting about a wasp bum on your arm pmsl
Im allergic to bees ( they could kill me with their bum!)but I love them and have been stung 3 times so far. I think they know Im allergic and are trying to see how far they can push me lol

0.1 Corn- Carolina- Lady Sybil Deidre Olgivanna Vimes (née Ramkin), Duchess of Ankh
1.0 Corn- Granite het charcoal- His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh; Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.
1.0 MBK- Feegle
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha

Edited by - LadySybil on 02/04/2014 14:09:02
Go to Top of Page

Cassie
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  14:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not animals but insects in particular Wood lice and slugs (although slugs aren't strictly insects but you get the idea)...don't know why wood lice for the slugs it's the slime factor I suppose
I've tried to tell myself wood lice are beetle like but while I held hissing cockroaches a while back and didn't bat an eyelid and had worms and ants as a child....wood lice are sadly where my insect appreciation ends. I might freeze around insect with stings like bees and wasps they don't make me exit a room with the speed a woodlouse would.
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  14:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's the quickest you'll see me move if a insect comes near me on the plus my hysteria entertains my family lol
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  15:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I was once running round the room in hysterics, when a small moth repeatedly tried to land on me.... I threw myself of the horse onto the road, when a massive spider slowly crawled out from under the horses saddle and tried to crawl onto my bumbag...and worse, I very nearly started ripping my clothes off at work, when a giant spider, that I walked past moment before, suddenly wasn't there an I was convinced it was on me! :-o

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  15:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tk72

Mine are horses. For a few reasons.
1- they are huge.
2- they have a mind of their own.
3- said mind can have them running away with you and you can't do anything to stop them.
4- when they decide they don't want you on their back anymore. Your off.
5- and the worst is when they glance at you side ways and you get that sliver of the evil white bit in the eye.

Horrid evil big creatures (in my opinion)

lol i like horses, but my OH would so so agree with you!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  16:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol razee you sound as bad as me I walked into a spiders Web once and ran screaming into the house lol
Go to Top of Page

Boomslang
Hatchling

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  17:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing at all :P But when i used to go sea fishing alot.Always used to think ragworms were kinda evil,gross,nasty things lol :P

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
2.1.0 pygmy chameleons
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  17:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Razee you nearly had me until you said this

On the other hand, my youngster will probably have me off very often, if his mad changes of direction in flat out gallop in the field are anything to go by... hence I don't intend to even canter him, until he's learned how to behave with a rider on his back ( in theory....

Who am I trying to kid, you would never get on the back of those four legged, people throwing, evil eyed, crazy big evil monsters.

As pictured below. Horses through my eyes

http://expertforum.ro/en/files/2013/02/red_dragon_horse.jpeg
Go to Top of Page

Murphy123
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  18:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wee spiders
Spiders
Big spiders
Any kind of spiders
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  18:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol murphy123 I agree completely
Go to Top of Page

LadySybil
Hatchling

United Kingdom
231 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  19:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OHMYGAWD!!!!

If they had that mask for horses when I had mine I would sooooo have one and get something for the tail!
Ahhhhhh, I want one now.

1.0 MBK- Feegle
0.2 Cat- Tat and Gytha
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  19:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daddy long legs they are just wrong!! And the large centipedes are just creapy! Horses aren't that bad some are bit mental, but Razee has covered it well, if you can read them it's all good. I fell on my horse every weekend when I fist got him (he was a rescue) but now he is such a sweet boy even the O/H can deal with Jack and he is scared of horses.

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  21:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like horses. Although, it would be lovely to be able to explain (to one in particular!) that "No, that butterfly can't eat you so you don't need to leg iiiiiiit". Also, that the mug I was just holding and carrying around is still the same mug when I put it down therefore it shouldn't suddenly be any more scary than before...

I also like spiders, snakes (obviously), bees (family used to keep them for honey), cows and most other fuzzy things and I can happily ignore wasps, Daddy long legs, woodlice etc.

My one fear....earwigs! A critter that really can't hurt me (especially compared to wasps, bees, spiders etc). Not rational at all...It's a phobia...can't even be in the same building as a dead one if I know it's there. *shudders*.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs

Edited by - Moppet on 02/04/2014 21:14:46
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  21:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeew earwigs (shudders) I hate all creepy crawlies I do think earwigs have a very random name though lol
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  22:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luna

Eeew earwigs (shudders) I hate all creepy crawlies I do think earwigs have a very random name though lol

these really freak me out too, most bugs i put outside if i can, but those MUST DIE. i used to be really bad with wasps
(LMAO @ Razee !!) but am a bit calmer now

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  20:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeugh, horrible little things. I can't be close enough to kill them so you're braver than me SBB! Even a dead one is too much for me. Photos make me cringe, never mind a living one crawling out from something. Eeek.

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000