royal python owners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  14:36:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so I've had dave my corn for a month now and I've been thinking about snake no 2 asyou do and I'm thinking about getting a royal. So my question is are they similar in set up to corns? As in starting off in 18 in rub, hides, heat mat ect do they need a different heat source? Or do they need bigger homes Thanks in advance x

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  14:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We started both of our off in rubs and they seemed absolutely fine. You would need a different heat source if you move them into a viv, a ceramic guarded or a heat bulb guarded and both statted of course and a viv size of 3ft x 2ft unless you get a huge female in which case 4ft x 2ft. They do prefer warmer temps than corns. Ours have a cool end of 26c-28c a wamr end of 30c-31c and a hot spot directly under the heat source of 33c-34c. They also prefer a good coverage of plants so they can move about without being seen but will lay in the open if they are at ease with this. I will say be prepared for them fasting, a common thing with them. Some will go several months without eating yet lose no weight. They are usually quite slow moving though don't be fooled they love to climb if given the chance, they're not always very good at it but that doesn't stop them.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Boomslang
Hatchling

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  18:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As above :) another thing to remember is,you'll likely never see it once moved to a viv.Unless you're around at night :)

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
2.1.0 pygmy chameleons
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  20:02:52  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My royals didn't read the bit about not seeing them once in a viv....they love coming out.
Take a look at the caresheet and read some posts on the royal python forum. It will give you a good idea if you think they are suitable for you or not.
I love my royals, they're so chilled out.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Boomslang
Hatchling

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  04:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah but it does happen,Mine are always out too.Have never gone of food either.But overall they are a lazy snake and a chilled out one :P Something to think about,if you want a more active snake.If not ignore me :P Mine have always been great :)

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
2.1.0 pygmy chameleons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic