unessasary worrying??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  13:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well since dave shed at the weekend he's been very quiet I mean he's been in the Same hide since yesterday the one on the cold side. It's probably normal but I'm new to this I mean I'm not expecting him to spin cart wheels or any thing but is this normal? ? Sorry probably me being silly Thanks x

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  13:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's normal, especially when young My snakes quite regularly spend 4-5 days in the same hide. Just to be sure though, what are your temperatures like?

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  14:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi the warm end is generally 29-30 degrees and the cool end about 18-20 I've had him out and he seems happy enough just worrying about him :-)
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  16:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds fine. Corn snakes do tend to spend a lot of time hiding and it worries a lot of people when they first get them

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

luna
Hatchling

121 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  17:31:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah he was venturing out allot last week and over the weekend then surprised us by shedding being a snow I couldn't tell he even ate his mouse on the Friday and now he's gone back to hiding again I did bring him out earlier and seemed fine happily flicking me in the face with his tongue :) Thanks though I do worry about the little guy x
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2014 :  20:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry as the others have said it is totaly normal. One of mine I never see unless I actively get him out or it is feed day, even the he just sticks his head out the cave grabs the mouse and shoots off back into his hide.

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2014 :  21:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are similar, I rarely see them. Willow spent all of her first few weeks with me on her cold side too. If it is really worrying you you could try swapping over the hot end and the cold end hides. Sometimes they have favorites if they feel more secure in one. But as others have said it really is nothing to panic about!

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000