Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Few pics of feeding time! Gone up a size!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lovebug
Hatchling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  13:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Sid is now 132g so I thought I'd buy 1 medium mouse and try him with it as I noticed last few feeds he's been quite active after a feed.
Just wanted people's opinions on the size I've tried him with

Above is medium mouse

His belly bulge afterwards

And below is a few pics of him settled in the viv after feeding. Which I think are cute!!

Was cute watching him lifting the cave as he tried to squeeze his bulging belly inside

I've fell in love with a royal python at the pet shop!! He was soo alert when I was noseying in his house. Hoping bday present but unlikely lol

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  17:43:09  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He looks fine on mediums, I'd keep him on those from now on unless you have more smalls to use then I would give him double smalls until they are gone.

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

lovebug
Hatchling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  17:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great thank you! I have a few small mouse left so will give him 2 until I run out. Thank you :-)
Go to Top of Page

ean632
Hatchling

United Kingdom
142 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  18:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That medium is fine, I used to be scared of moving up sizes but Jake just eats whatever I give him. He did struggle with the Labrador :)

Very nice snake by the way

Go to Top of Page

lovebug
Hatchling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  19:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little nervous as I don't want to cause him any harm! Plus if anything was to happen to him I wouldn't be able to have another! I bought him while my partner was at work lol
Go to Top of Page

ean632
Hatchling

United Kingdom
142 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  20:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, sneaky buy!!

Being worried is good as it means you care.

Jake is over 300 grams and on large mice, next up is pinkie rabbits, baby quail and small multimammates then once bigger day old chicks

Go to Top of Page

lovebug
Hatchling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  20:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I didn't know this. I thought went up to large mouse/ rats and that was all. Obviously I have a long way to go yet. I bought him in February at 9g and he's now 132g
Go to Top of Page

ean632
Hatchling

United Kingdom
142 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  21:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovebug

Wow I didn't know this. I thought went up to large mouse/ rats and that was all. Obviously I have a long way to go yet. I bought him in February at 9g and he's now 132g

Corn snakes can stay on mice forever, I like to mix it up a bit with other pray. Rats can put excess weight on a snake so bare that in mind. Looks like your snake is doing very well.

Go to Top of Page

lovebug
Hatchling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2013 :  22:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will look in to this once he's grown abit more. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: