United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  22:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Verhus
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  22:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, this looks too big (the photo) now that it's on here but I don't know how else to do it, it'staken me all night to get this far!
Go to Top of Page

Verhus
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  22:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  22:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like an Anery too me!

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Go to Top of Page

Verhus
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  22:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought him as a "3-foot to 3-and-a-half-foot Corn Snake", about two weeks ago and haven't been brave enough to handle him properlly until tonight (Thanks to Kelog's advice!!).

He measures 140cm to the very tip of his tail but laid out as 'kinked' as you can see in the photo's - so now i'm thinking he's closer to 5-foot (possibly a wee bit more).

He's slightly concave along the top, am I right in thinking he's underfed? I fed him two small mice last Wednesday and am thinking of giving him three at the next feed before moving up to one medium and one small? I gather he can manage mice at least as wide as his own body, right?

I thought he looked like another snake on the forum but it turns out that wasn't even a Corn Snake so can anyone tell from these (amatuer) photo's what kind of snake I have?

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  07:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol sorry Verhus, I replied to your other posts too so it seems you cannot get rid of me!!! Looks like an anery to me. He could possibly be a charcoal (also known as anery B) but I'm not good at telling them apart as they are so similar. Charcoal usually don't have much yellow going along their sides which is why I'm thinking about charcoal, although anery is more likely. Here is a link to Ian's vivarium to have a look at the morphs, but be warned it's a dangerous place... start browsing the morphs there and you'll just want more!! anery: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/anerythristic/?sid=25ec5428824420ca2bcab9a88aa12454 charcoal: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/charcoal/?sid=25ec5428824420ca2bcab9a88aa12454 and the full list: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/

I know I've already given advice about the feeding, but what I didn't mention is that once you have upped his feeds to the right size you want to end up giving a mouse 1.5x his body, not the same size :)

Being slightly concave is actually normal, it's just the spine/musculature showing through - if underweight they actually look more tringular body shape. I think he's actually looking in good condition considering what you've told us about his previous living conditions :)

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  09:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice chap, I've ( too) replied on the stickied thread...
Ians vivarium should come with a safety warning, though- will create a total addiction, and will make you want more snakes :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  12:40:57  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely big boy of an anery you got there :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  22:07:20  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mmmmmmmmm ANERY's-sorry just can't go wrong with an Anery-ever-in fact EVERYONE just NEEDS one or two,or a stripe & difused & Ultramel.*coughs* yes very nice snake you have there
Go to Top of Page

Verhus
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  02:00:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Everyone! An anery it is then. SmartBunny, he has no hint of yellow on his sides so may well be Charcoal/B type too. I'll check-out the link but as he's my first snake I'll have to agree with mjpeters in that anery is my favorite type of snake :) He is a LOT bigger than I expected, glad I didn't know his full size before the fear went!
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  13:32:00  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Verhus

Thanks Everyone! An anery it is then. SmartBunny, he has no hint of yellow on his sides so may well be Charcoal/B type too. I'll check-out the link but as he's my first snake I'll have to agree with mjpeters in that anery is my favorite type of snake :) He is a LOT bigger than I expected, glad I didn't know his full size before the fear went!

Good man! I've put up some pics of my Lord Inky and Sprinkles-both Aneries-so is the 'Funky girl' post.So is Dave.....so yes Anerything Anery is ALL good!!
Oh and welcome to the world of being 'owned 'by tour snaky(s)..a lifetime of joyus servitude stretches ahead of you...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000