New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  15:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some of you may have read due to my health I had decided to re-home some of my snakes. I did not feel that it was fare to expect my sons to look after my snakes as well as their own and I was not going to ask them to re-home their snakes. So Joanna went to a new home about 3 weeks ago and settled in very well. The same people came back and asked me to hold the rest of the corns I was re-homing. Well this weekend they came and collected Keith, Frank, Spencer and Kevin as well as the viv stacks. I am lucky that they only live about a 10-15 minute drive from me and they have said I am more than welcome to go and visit them and see them. There is now a big empty gap in my room and in my heart I had my sensible head I know it was the right thing to do but my heart tells my otherwise You will see in my sig that there are still lots living with us but the only snakes I actually own now are Stan the corn and Bryan the milk snake the dog and two cats are mine but everything else belongs to my two sons. Although Agatha still remains with me she has been adopted by my youngest son as I can no longer hold her due to her strength, she is getting a big girl. I guess its something I will get use to but it just feels so strange not having there faces looking out at me and defrosting just 2 mice is very strange. Guess the mice will last longer though
Please excuse any spelling mistakes or misplaced words in future posts I make as my brain is no longer as good as it use to be, its taken me ages to write this and keep checking it

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Thorne Walker
Yearling

Canada
642 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  18:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries Red

We're here.

1.0.0 CB'11 Volcano Corn 'Kitty'
0.0.1 CB'11 Russian Rat Snake 'Monster'
2.0.0 CB'04 Roof Rabbits 'Baka Neko-San' and 'Usagi Neko-San'

My Setup :http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27228
The Kids: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26248
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  18:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Red, I'm so sorry. It's such a hard decision, but at least you still have a couple of snakes, and the others have gone to a good home. I know what you mean by the empty gap - back at home, when my ( shared ) horse was put down, I couldn't look at his empty stable....

Take care of yourself, and keep well.

Sending virtual hugs. xx

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

yalovit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  19:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear that.at leased you can go and visit them withought having to do all the work

female corn mist.staffy cross English bull Kelsey
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  19:22:04  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You poor sausage, sounds a lot like my illness

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  19:43:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry to hear this, as others have said at least you can visit them. You just have to remeber that you have done the right thing for both you and the snakes. My thoughts are with you and never forget we are always here. And don't worry about the spelling, mine isn't up to much!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  07:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to you all. I feel like you are my extended family :)

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  12:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that :( At least you still have a few lovelies, and you can go visit the rest. Much respect to you for doing what was best for the snakes.

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  16:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really sorry to hear that you've finally said goodbye to some of your snakes Rachel. It's something I dread happening one day, getting to the point where I can't give mine the care they need. The difference between us is that none of my family are snake orientated so it would mean them all going. At least you have snakes still in the house, for some 'snake therapy' when you need it.

You've done what's best for your snakes, no matter how tough the decision for you. For me that's the sign of a great snake owner .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  16:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry you had to say goodbye to your snakes Red, but as others have said, you did what was best for them. (Hugs) xx

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  18:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Isoldael, Kellog, smart bunny - I am so glad that you and other agree that I did the right thing. Leading up to them actually leaving I was feeling better in myself and would have been so easy to change my mind but I know that I am going to go down hill again health wise and it is likely to get worse each time and eventually putting me in a wheel chair. So I had to be strong and let them go. As you all say it was what was right for them that mattered not what I wanted :)

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000