New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  15:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 7 Corns now, various ages and sizes, I've seen them all shed, drink, eat and poop but I fed my 7 month old Anery yesterday, gobbled up his fuzzy no problem, took a bit longer than usual for him but nothing extraordinary.
I put him back in his viv and he immediately shed right in front of me! Slipped straight out of his old skin in an instant, then decided to climb his branch right to the top with his sizeable stomach!
I didn't even know he was in blue, had him out a good few times over the last week and I didn't see any signs. Lovely shiny new snake now.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  19:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just trying to imagine your face when he started shedding ! He obviously isn't a fussy eater if he's happy to eat not only when he's blue but just before he decides to shed . I guess it's not surprising it took a bit longer than normal, he must have felt like we do when we wear a pair of tight jeans .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  20:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your so lucky! Must be a great feeder to eat while in blue!

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  21:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog, the kids and I were just stood there gobsmacking and I still can't believe he shed so quick and easy, maybe stretching from eating the fuzzy made it extra loose haha
Vince he is one of the best feeders I have and he grows very quickly too considering he's on the same feeding schedule as all the others he's far ahead in size.
Drago my 5 year old shed today too, he looks amazing now, lovely and shiny with great complex colours. I put it down to the chicks.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2013 :  21:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No so lucky with my 14 month old, still force feeding and he's only the size of the 4 month olds :(

RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2013 :  00:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry you're still having to force feed your 14 month old . He's blessed to have an owner who is so dedicated and won't give up on him .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000