New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  10:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My newbie Seb is officially hyper. He kept me up last two nights, in fact it's been couple of weeks now, that he stays up all night, roaming, and committing acts of hooliganism in the viv.

My other two are completely inactive, trying hard to brumate, but not Seb. Every night, he starts his rounds by investigating every bit of his Viv, re arranging it to his liking. Then he moves onto the vents. First, he takes a good look. then he tries to prise them off - and he looks exactly like he knows, what he's doing .

Next, he tries to force his snout through the vents. He raises himself off the ground, and pushes his nose against the vent so hard, he trembles. Then his snout slips, and he bangs his nose against the vent ( this is actually quite hard to watch, but he doesn't seen to have even a scraped scale on him ). It's quite a loud bang.

Last night, I heard even louder bang. His new thing is to climb on the ceiling of the Viv, wrap around a light - it's a stick on LED light - only it's small, and once he's put couple of loops around it, there's no more room, and he falls of! Undeterred, he does it again.

Even worse - couple of days ago, he managed - how, I'll never know - to plat the wires of the stat probe and thermometer into his plant, and lift the whole thing away from the mat. The wires were completely interwoven in the plant, quite a feat for someone with no hands. The probes had been weighed down by a very heavy resin hide, he's never managed to move them before... By morning, the mat was very hot, and he was sat on top of his cold hide, looking smug

His temps are normal ( 28 C in hot hide, anything from 22 - 19 C in cold side ), and he' s got a tube at the edge of mat as well. He has 4 hides at various temps, and plants, and he sleeps curled up, in the open....there were no changes. Am starting to worry he'll do himself damage on the vents, or falling off the light...

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  11:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and forgot to mention the newspaper origami ... He's got newspaper under the aspen, which he regularly folds into weird shapes....

Just to make the point, he's now actually in his cold hide ( for the first time ever ) but is still looking out of it...

0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Tony1983
Snake Mite

41 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  12:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ASBO Snake :D

One of mine is very "home maker-ish" too, I removed the cork bark log from the viv the other day, and he spent the next 30-45minutes trying to move his remaining two hides to where the log was. When he realized it wasn't really working for him he started glaring at me through the glass front until i put it back. Then when i put it back he went and curled up under the other hide and totally ignored the log.

Cheeky little sod :D

I removed the strip light from my viv when i would frequently find Red wrapped around the bulb, I now use the moonlight blue WhitePython led strips (when i remmeber to turn them on)
T

Edited by - Tony1983 on 03/11/2013 12:30:17
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  17:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROFL Razee, sounds like you've got a right 'special character' there!!!!

Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  17:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow has he been at the sugar?????

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  17:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, SB, he must have been, or the mice are full of " E numbers ":-)

I worry about him, though, I don't want him damaging his nose... and if you heard the thumps he makes, when he falls off the ceiling, it's quite scary. I reckon he'd love a very large, fully planted viv, ( including a small tree ) - preferably in the living room, in front of the telly, so he can watch and not be bored...:-)

Still, might get some sleep tonight - it's feeding night for him, so I'll get roughly 24 hours of peace.

0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

hayleylsl
Egg

United Kingdom
98 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  20:41:22  Show Profile  Click to see hayleylsl's MSN Messenger address  Send hayleylsl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Asbo snake indeed :-) Boris gave me the shock of my life the other night by falling off the top the background decoration (an aqaurium screen) How he had managed to perch on it I will never know.

1.0.0 CB 12 Amel Motley- Boris

0.2.0 cats Grizabella and Jennyanydots

Foster cat: Jasper who has a healing broken pelvis
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  21:02:59  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, youve got yourself a handfull there! aha. Hopefully the sugar rush will die down soon!

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000