New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sonia666
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2013 :  10:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok so i know there has been alot about heatmats recently but just a quick thing at the moment. I have venom on a habistat 11x11 heat mat which has always been fine. I rencently picked up a new heat mat for a new addition i hoping to get soon which rather than the cloth in the middle its plastic chequres rather than a full cloth are these any worse or will this be fine for my new snake as im a bit concerned especially after reading about that fire that happened in scotland and that it was down to a faulty heatmat. Can anyone offer some further advise or do i just get a new habistat mat

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2013 :  11:14:31  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If its a pattern or stripped mat then its most likely a printed mat which are the ones that have been known to become faultly and cause the fires. Although I do believe this was also related to some Chinese imported ones. the impregnated cloth ones used by habistat etc are the safer option.

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000