Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 An early birthday present from my Mum (who is 71!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2013 :  09:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, as others have said Fi, normals get brighter with age, not duller! They will be a gorgeous contrast to each other when older (not that they aren't now) as Cathy will be startling white and Delilah gloriously orangey red/brown!!!

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2013 :  11:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fi, never thought I would like a lizard but I am so hooked on Ludo already, he is such a little character when I have him out

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo
2.0.0 cats (RIP Zebee), 0.1.0 Dog, 2.0.0 Horses
Go to Top of Page

Foxtrotsierra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
485 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2013 :  14:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
smart bunny - I really am looking forwards to seeing how they look when they are "grown up" but am genuinely enjoying having them from little ones. I know it is a bit sad but I have taken pics of Cathy every month since I have had her and will do the same with Delilah, it will be lovely to see the changes. I have NO excuse as to why I thought Delilah would go a bit duller as she grew older. I think it is because I hadn't separated the normal/carolina out in my head and have the Kathy and Bill Love book which shows the different localities in the US. She is going to be one bright girl, that is for sure. Cathy is already starting to yellow on her cheeks and throat, hence the new photo shoot when she is done digesting!

Blackcat - I must admit to having a soft spot for geckos. I haven't really seen many of the newer morphs and colours out there but when I was younger I grew up in Malta and they just walk around minding their own business over there in there thousands. They aren't considered a pest or a pet. I had a little baby one that used to live in a crack in my bedroom wall and I was allowed to feed it if I had been good that day (the power of persuasion really worked well with that, I loved feeding him/her!) Little Ludo is really handsome - how big will he get (I must admit to not having a CLUE when it comes to the crested variety!)

0.1.0 Snow - Cathy (digesting, waiting for her photo op)
0.1.0 Carolina - Delilah
0.1.0 King Charles Cavalier - Emily
0.1.0 St Bernard - Pooch
0.1.0 Manx Cat - Maggie
0.0.1 HUGE tropical fish tank + residents
1.0.0 Husband (thinks I am insane)
3.2.0 Children (think I am cool!)
Go to Top of Page

Isoldael
Yearling

Netherlands
999 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2013 :  21:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's weird, but I think normals actually get uglier before they grow into their stunning selves. I love them when they are young and almost anery-like, then they grow a bit of an ugly (in my opinion) orange background colour, and then the orange really comes through and they turn out to be really, really awesome :) I have to say I already like yours a lot though, she has really nice colours for her age. As for the googly eyes... isn't that the cutest thing about young snakes? xD

1.0 anery stripe (Nash)
1.0 hypo pewter (Loki)
1.0 bloodred het amel, charcoal, hypo, stripe 50% phet anery, lavender (Kasumi)
0.1 grey background normal het amel (Saphira)
0.1 tessera het amel, anery, stripe (Lilith)
0.1 amel (Aurora)
0.1 hypo bloodred het anery, charcoal, stripe 50% phet amel, lavender (Mara)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000