Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  19:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corno shocked us by shedding yesterday - for the first time I hadn't even known she was in blue, and it's really easy to tell with her as well lol . She's shedding pretty much every month at the moment, despite me spacing her feeds out a little bit to make sure she doesn't get fat lol. She's 2 at the end of August, about 4ft now and 371g today the little piggy!

Super-duper iridescent tummy when she's just shed - almost looks like she is still in blue

And got Ember out, only to discover that she looks to be shedding soon as well - eyes look clear so not sure if just about to go blue, or if she in the clear stage at the moment, but you can just see the white between her scales in places and she looks a bit less vibrant than usual... but the camera was already out so took pics anyway

Have got some pics to put up in the 'other reptiles' section later, but need to sort the kids out for bed first

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  20:01:27  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Corno is simply Fabulous!I just love the subtle changes from Pink to Dove grey to Primrose yellow
Everyone NEEDS an Anery just to show them how its done!
Then Emberthey look like different species-'Team Tango'd'is growing on me kind of "WAKE UP NOW" coloured snakes
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  20:23:18  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are both looking fantastic

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  21:37:27  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are all so cute, but im IN LOVE with Ember!

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  23:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all :)

mj, I noticed something new about Corno whilst out today (not sure if it's new yellow after this shed or just I didn't notice before) as you go further down her body, about where my thumbnail is, she has this wonderful pale lemony colour with tiny black speckles on it - I never realised when we got her how 'colourful' aneries could be either. I just googled anery and carolina corns (those were the 2 hatchies available) to show our son what she would approximately look like as an adult and he chose the anery hatchie (she's supposedly his :P). I was expecting her to grow up a fairly plain grey/brown snake with a bit of yellow on (yes I know - those who don't like the aneries will be thinking er yes, she is!!), but as you say, there are actually loads of subtle colours if you look closely.

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  23:31:46  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

she's supposedly his :P

yer yer, just like Artemis is your husbands

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Coal
Hatchling

449 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  09:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, they look so happy, I really must get 'round to getting Lovey some fresh air while the weather's so lovely, I'm sure he'd love it :)

'Lovecraft' - CB12 male amel

'Sarnath' - CB13 male KSB (anery, het. albino)
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  10:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They look fab, I can't believe how big Ember is now she's grown loads!!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  11:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha Lou - that's what I thought when you put your recent pics of 8 and Jinx up!! She is definitely coming on now... got a long way to go to catch up Corno though - hard to believe she's less than 4 months younger!

Donnie - OI!! Arty is definitely HUBBY'S snake :P Corno was one of those 7 yr old's Christmas presents which we only got for him because I wanted a snake anyway, and sure enough he lost interest after 5 minutes so I do all the feeding/cleaning etc. She's pretty much considered a family snake now rather than 'his'. My daughter is much more involved in caring for her Hogster, holding him regularly and helping clean out etc than her older brother, in fact she holds Corno a lot more than he does too!

Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  12:17:06  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Corno is gorgeous! Would love an Anery or Ghost but the female Ghost I was going to get when I could afford it was sold I'm half hoping that Cereus and Sakana are het for Anery so that I can get one and keep it XD

Ember is stunning too! Is she an Amel Motley?

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

twistedmonkey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  12:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The yellow stripe down Corno is amazing, I love her pattern too!

Ember is a stunning colour, so bright but I'm biased towards Motley's

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  14:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, Embers orange has really developed, even heading into blue she looks fantastic. Corno looks pleased with herself :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  17:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again :D

Aww I hope you get lucky with your eggs Acidic!

Ember is actually an amel cube, which is a selectively bred stripe. I had definitely decided I was going to get an amel stripe and was waiting for the hatchies to start appearing last year, when I went into our local Pets at Home just for a nosey and they had her in there! At first glance I thought she was a stripe (after all, she starts off as one lol) but realised she wasn't... but by then it was too late I already wanted her :P Plus I get the best of both worlds - stripy pattern at first, then square saddles later on lol! :D

Go to Top of Page

AcidicAngel
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1212 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  17:39:16  Show Profile  Click to see AcidicAngel's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Thanks again :D

Aww I hope you get lucky with your eggs Acidic!

Ember is actually an amel cube, which is a selectively bred stripe. I had definitely decided I was going to get an amel stripe and was waiting for the hatchies to start appearing last year, when I went into our local Pets at Home just for a nosey and they had her in there! At first glance I thought she was a stripe (after all, she starts off as one lol) but realised she wasn't... but by then it was too late I already wanted her :P Plus I get the best of both worlds - stripy pattern at first, then square saddles later on lol! :D

I was wondering about cube with how her saddles are but wasn't sure Yeah I'm not holding my hopes high though because the only possible het I might have is Sakana being PH. Amel lol.

Corn Snakes.
1.0 Butter - Cereus.
1.0 Caramel Stripe het Amel - Vladimir.
0.1 Normal het Amel, Caramel, Hypo - Amara.
0.1 Masque het Amel, Anery, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, Lavender, Stripe - Aurelia.
1.0 Masque Anery het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Hypo, lavender, Stripe - Orion.
Leopard Gecko's.
Too many to list!!
Rat Snake.
1.0 Yellow Rat Snake - Leviathan(Levi)
Western Hognoses
1.0 Normal 50% poss het Frosted(Dutch Hypo, Caramel) - Thorne.
0.1 Frosted - Rose.
1.0 Anaconda het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Titan.
0.1 Normal het Snow(Amel, Anery) - Nyx.
R.I.P Pandora & Sakana, entwined in my heart forever my darlings.
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  18:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're both gorgeous, and so big! They're growing up well

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  19:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smart bunny, am I right in thinking that Corno came from Kims. Looks identical to my Keith. A lovely amount of yellow coming through on Corno and like you say the iridescent tummy.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  20:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Moppet :)

Yeah, Corno was from Kim - from her 'regular supplier', a local breeder, so most likely same parents as Keith - I was thinking about him today actually, would love to see some more pics - he looks like he's been swimming in yellow paint lol!

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  15:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith has just shed again, shedding every 4 weeks at the moment, and has eaten a meal. I will have to get him out side early next week and get some pics of him. His yellow is almost to the end of his tail now and brighter lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Boomslang
Hatchling

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  16:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very pretty

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
2.1.0 pygmy chameleons
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  16:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's looking good

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  19:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely pics

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000