Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:18:13  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So far I've re-homed three of the assorted miss-fits I recently found myself 'blessed'with,can't decide on these guys:should they stay or should they go???

Reverse Okeetee girl 19/6/11 originaly AC snakes

Platinum(?)girl 12/6/12

Bloodred (low expression pied side?)16/6/11 originaly from AC snakes

So votes please!Our dear Bug Eyed Nigel is still here-any offers??

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KEEP!!! Or send that damn fine Reverse Okeetee to me

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:25:02  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As long as I had the space I would keep, keep and keep

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, I will admit to not being a huge fan of RO's, but the other 2 I would find hard to part with!

Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:54:11  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
KEEP!

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  21:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow have you learned nothing asking things like that on here?!?
did you rescue them only til you found a new home?
I also meant to ask about the hoggies, were they rescue or pet shop since you ended up with 3!!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  22:20:02  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Hoggies were bought-as were Sarum (pinky ghost)and Solar(sunglow motley)so-as I bought five of their snakes and they were packing it all in,I ended up with the rest-good,bad and ugly-as part of the package,thrown in
Just a reminder that included Nigel:

any offers?
I have an awful feeling he may stay as our kids love the 'froggy snake'
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2013 :  23:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not keen on ROs myself but the other two are gorgeous. Although Nigel is still too weird for my tastes...

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

Foxtrotsierra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
485 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  06:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Nigel is handsome! I adore him - no wonder your children have got very attached to him

0.1.0 Snow - Cathy (digesting, waiting for her photo op)
0.1.0 Carolina - Delilah
0.1.0 King Charles Cavalier - Emily
0.1.0 St Bernard - Pooch
0.1.0 Manx Cat - Maggie
0.0.1 HUGE tropical fish tank + residents
1.0.0 Husband (thinks I am insane)
3.2.0 Children (think I am cool!)
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  07:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really wouldn't know which of the three to keep, so I'd probably just end up keeping them all. I actually like the platinum best - and this is unusual for me, as I prefer orange and yellow snakes, but there are some exceptions... :-)

I strongly suspect that IS a low pie expression pied, so I'd keep that one too, and the RO is nice, and you've got to keep Nigel...see? I'm no help :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  09:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep them all!! They are beautiful

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  09:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well you obviously have room for them all as you have them now, so by my reasoning you should keep them all.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  09:57:05  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't even have to think about it. It's a no brainer.
KEEP!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Edited by - herriotfan on 05/07/2013 09:57:51
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  10:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally... I'd say it sounds like you are expanding your snake collection extremely fast and need to maybe think about rehoming these three so as not to become overwhelmed and it end up being more of a chore looking after them rather than a pleasure - but you know yourself much better than I do so if you think you can cope good on you!!! Also, it's one thing sticking to your guns and not getting more, but another when they are already there and it means getting rid of them.

On another note... sunglow motley? Ooooh, not seen this one yet - off to see if you have pics up lol!!

Sorry - I'm being far too sensible and 'parental' lol - KEEP THEM ALL!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Blackcat
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1235 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  11:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the platinum, so would be keeping that one, but once the others were in residence would find it difficult to part with them - so yet again no use in asking: KEEP

0.0.2 Corn snakes - Morse & Zeus
1.1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa's - Indigo & Ruby
0.0.2 Columbian Rainbow Boa's - Orinoco & Tobago
1.0.0 House snake - Hoggle
0.1.0 Crested Gecko - Ludo
2.0.0 cats (RIP Zebee), 0.1.0 Dog, 2.0.0 Horses
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  11:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually you voiced what I wondered Smartbunny. I've totally lost track of how many snakes you have now and when it was you first started keeping them Meg....and I do wonder how you cope and where it'll stop. But I'm like Smartbunny, got that practical streak in me and I try to imagine how I'd cope....which is daft really because you are totally different to me, luckily !

They are beauties and I'd have trouble choosing between them. It's why I could never take on any snakes with plans to rehome them, because they'd all land up staying. The platinum is my favourite, closely followed by the RO. I know you were wondering about breeding in the future so maybe you should consider which of them would fit into breeding plans?

As for Nigel, I'm sure if I saw him in real life I'd react differently to how I have seeing his pics. And I'm not at all surprised your kids have fallen for him . I somehow doubt he'll be going anywhere .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  12:40:50  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Any and all plans of breeding ANYTHING have been shelved indefinitely!!
I don't know if its just the Island or is a country wide situation,but folks seem to be ditching their pets all over the place
Last week I took a perfectly healthy aprox 2-3yr old little poodle to the dog warden.
This winter 2 dogs were shot dead-they were loose amongst livestock.It's no better for reptiles:our freeads are stuffed with beardies,snakes,geckos,chamelions.Priced at less than the cost of the set up they come with in fact Sunny was included in what should have been an empty viv!
So my hatchie rack will sit empty and I will most likely sell the incubator.
We enjoy the school visits,and Sunny has taken on that role whilst Georgey boy has his'seasonal issues'.
We seem to be unwittingly sliding (slithering)into an ambassador to young herpetologists-this week Georgey had his first 'fan mail'letters from the school as well as a lovely card
Go to Top of Page

twistedmonkey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
132 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  13:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are all stunning and it will be hard to not keep them since you have them.

Will be a classic heart v's the head fight

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  15:53:02  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Actually you voiced what I wondered Smartbunny. I've totally lost track of how many snakes you have now and when it was you first started keeping them Meg....and I do wonder how you cope and where it'll stop. But I'm like Smartbunny, got that practical streak in me and I try to imagine how I'd cope....which is daft really because you are totally different to me, luckily !

well I guess my first snake was a python-over 20yrs ago. Eventually she went to I.O.W zoo.I kept corns after that and had a break to have 5 children and raise mastiffs.
I am VERY lucky that i now have serious live limiting health issues that mean I am at home all day.
The snakes are a BIG part of our families life.Best of all they are up at night when I'm awake-my medication causes sleep problems.
The Snakes help me tremendously-I have become much more alert and competent mentally since returning to the hobbywhich my family think is a good thing???
The forum also helps-now I use a computer.
I guess now you know.All day every day,its me and the snakes.We have some show and tell sessions at schools,we have children visit them with our kids.
Sorry to ramble on but you are right the snakes are a very enjoyable and quite large aspect of my lifeI guess that in itself is embarrassing to admitI felt I needed to 'out'myself as a snakey- saddo-stay-at-home-sicky person
It felt to me that I was being told off for being a kind of collector-very few of the snakes were bought,most were others cast offs.
So there you have it-I guess thats the thing with forums-you only see the part of a person thats posted.
as to when it ends:I had the thought in the back of my mind that enough of you folks would like my scaley friends to be able to rehome them after I'm gone-except of course for Nigel-Rosey loves him too much.Thats all I have to say-ramble over
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  16:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't telling you off at all, just voicing words of caution This is a very addictive hobby - I've gone from 1 to 6 snakes in 2 yrs and already know what the next one will most likely be Plus I have seen people selling up whole collections because it has got on top of them and what started out as a hobby became, as I said, a chore.

That's why I said 'but you know yourself much better than I do so if you think you can cope good on you' because we are just words on a screen, we don't know each other personally and while one person may struggle to look after 3 snakes competently, another will happily care for 100 no problem.

I think taking in unwanted snakes is wonderful, you are improving the lives of these animals - goodness knows what would happen to them otherwise. I really like a sig quote I have seen elsewhere, can't remember whose it is so I hope they won't get offended if I repeat it here (or don't get it quite right from memory lol): Saving an animal won't change the world, but it will change the world for that animal.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  23:17:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again Smartbunny has hit the nail on the head Meg. I'm SO sorry if you felt you were being told off, that wasn't what was meant . Like Smartbunny I know how addictive this hobby is and if I didn't have an OH who was in control I'd probably have more than I do. I've also seen new owners getting the next snake and the next and the next, etc. And owners having to get rid of whole collections because they can't cope or circumstances change. BUT you are a totally different person, as I said in my comment, and you've explained really well why this is perfect for you, not only is it doing you good but it's doing these poor snakes good. I am forced to stay at home as well and am up in the night a lot as well, so know what you mean about them helping....it's snake therapy . I'm a member of the 'snakey- saddo-stay-at-home-sicky person club' too .

You are SO right about the amount of animals being 'thrown away' nowadays. It is saddening as there is just no true commitment or responsibility taken on when pets are bought. They are just a 'disposable' commodity . I know that the snakes you have are blessed to have been 'rescued' by you and the fact that you are using them to educate the younger generation is fantastic....and so necessary .

Again, I am SO sorry if what I said upset you. I think I've been in this corn world too long and it's made me cynical ....but don't tell the other Mods that !!

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000