Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Welshlamb
Yearling

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2013 :  11:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This topic is very interesting, I think you could be right. The living room, does eventually become the reptile room. Just don't tell my O/H that.

She's already convinced that we are turning into a petting zoo.

Red123, your living room is like a reptile haven. It's amazing. I expect your elecy bill is very high though lol. But I guess that's irrelevant when you got such an amazing collection.

Kellogg, I'm loving your O/H handy work. He's done a great job and it all looks so neat and fits in well with your existing furniture. Although I do agree you should make some extra room behind your sofa for another viv lol

Edited by - Welshlamb on 27/06/2013 11:14:48
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2013 :  12:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

This topic is very interesting, I think you could be right. The living room, does eventually become the reptile room. Just don't tell my O/H that.

She's already convinced that we are turning into a petting zoo.

Red123, your living room is like a reptile haven. It's amazing. I expect your elecy bill is very high though lol. But I guess that's irrelevant when you got such an amazing collection.

Kellogg, I'm loving your O/H handy work. He's done a great job and it all looks so neat and fits in well with your existing furniture. Although I do agree you should make some extra room behind your sofa for another viv lol

We are on a prepayment meter so I can tell you that we use between £20-£25 per week. Not bad considering the two boys virtually live on there game consoles and I run two big fridge freezers to accomodate all the frozen rodents. Will be adding a third chest freezer in soon to accommodate Aggies rabbits when she moves up to them. We did notice a difference when adding in ceramic heaters, heat mats cost next to nothing to run.
Oh and I can see two gaps under your vivs, naughty naughty, two extra vivs can be made out of them. That would be one really impressive stack. Your two vivs look amazing

Smart bunny - Glad I am not the only one that hates empty space lol. And always sees it as potential viv stacks

Edited by Kellog to remove pic

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Edited by - Kellog on 29/06/2013 21:05:13
Go to Top of Page

vector200066
Hatchling

United Kingdom
232 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2013 :  16:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You live in my dream house
Lucky

0.1 Corn Snake (Megan) Collected my first snake on 27/7/13
2.0 Brother (Jason)(Shaun R.I.P), 0.1 Sister (Samantha), 3.0 Budgies (Joey R.I.P,Freddie,Leo, Casper), 0.3 Dogs (Judy, Penny, Molly), 1.0 Cats (Tabs R.I.P, Timmy) 1.0 Royal Python (Lesser) Busby
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2013 :  18:12:24  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i love the replied pictures! so many people have such nice set ups :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2013 :  09:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice set ups, very jealous of everyone who is allowed to have their scaly friends in the living room.
Welshlamb, lovely vivs, though I think there's a criminal waste of space with so many little shelves underneath - unless, of course, they happen to be a future rack...

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Foxtrotsierra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
485 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2013 :  10:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is my total dream room, but I had enough problems getting the other half to agree to one baby corn - fortunately he has seen the "light" and has admitted that she is the least demanding, least smelly and most fascinating pet we have ever had.

My girl currently lives in our bedroom to keep me company, he has no problems with that at all, though he might if I turned our bedroom into a reptile room!

0.1.0 Snow - Cathy (digesting, waiting for her photo op)
0.1.0 Carolina - Delilah
0.1.0 King Charles Cavalier - Emily
0.1.0 St Bernard - Pooch
0.1.0 Manx Cat - Maggie
0.0.1 HUGE tropical fish tank + residents
1.0.0 Husband (thinks I am insane)
3.2.0 Children (think I am cool!)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2013 :  10:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha Red 123, I thought I was bad till now!! I've only the cockatiel, 13 snakes, skink, milli's, frog, teeny sling and roach colony in my lounge. Although now I've had the boa for 7 months I'll be bringing him down as soon as I get another shelf sorted in the rack.
The leo is in my bedroom, I'm going to swap him round with the skinks as he's more sociable....and noisy. 4 of the T's are also in my bedroom and my son has his snake in his bedroom.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  21:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

quote:
Originally posted by Red123

I spy room on top of Ahser's viv for another one or two vivs

OMG just LOOK at all that empty space, I mean there's just a vase and a plant, no clutter or anything... it's a crime... could so easily be a viv stack and stop keeping all that boring emptiness...

I would love to say 'watch this space' but with my OH I don't think I can get away with it . I'm so glad you started this thread Rachel because its interesting seeing how our snakes 'intrude' into our every-day lives .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  21:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I just had a thought Kellog... how long are they away for? Plenty of time for you do do a bit of viv addition - they probably wouldn't even notice if they came back and there was a viv stack there instead... lol :P

Go to Top of Page

Razee
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2525 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2013 :  10:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Kellog - smart bunny is right - and even if they'd notice, they'll be so full of news about their trip, they'll forget to grumble :-)

0.1.0 late CB10 Carolina corn snake - Bazilishka
1.0.0 CB11 Abbots Okeetee- Little Twiddler
1.0.0 CB11 Hypo corn- Sebastianek
1.0.0. CB14 Butter Motley - Squidwood
0.0.2 CB18 normal/ Okeetee yearlings Bunny and Lalalishka
0.0.1 hognose
0.1.0 stable cat
0.1.0 house cat
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2013 :  15:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you wouldn't really be taking up any more floor space either ;) That's whats so good about stacks lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  00:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You lot are an awful influence on me....I'm actually considering it ! The last time my daughter went overseas, to South Africa, she came home to find an extra viv in the lounge and a new snake. Don't think she'd talk to me ever again if I did a repeat performance .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  10:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

You lot are an awful influence on me....I'm actually considering it ! The last time my daughter went overseas, to South Africa, she came home to find an extra viv in the lounge and a new snake. Don't think she'd talk to me ever again if I did a repeat performance .

Xxx

She's probably secretly expecting another new addition to arrive while she is gone

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

yalovit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
199 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  19:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
makes my viv look pathetic lol.Cant wait till I get my big viv.(grow snake grow)

female corn mist.staffy cross English bull Kelsey
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  22:35:25  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Xxx

Obviously you have missed them all TERRIBLY and tried to keep yourself busy by setting up a new home for a poor little rescue snakey......hey guess what I happen to have a few about the house at the mo,fancy a sumteen year old Anery?or a Bug Eyed Leucistic rat?....
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  20:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

She's probably secretly expecting another new addition to arrive while she is gone

You may be right Red .

quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Obviously you have missed them all TERRIBLY and tried to keep yourself busy by setting up a new home for a poor little rescue snakey......

That's a good excuse mj....may have to use that .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000