Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2013 :  16:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Falice's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love reading everyones stories I've just always been an animal lover as well, I guess part of the reason might be because my grandparents live 5 minutes away from Longleat and my grandad used to work there up until a few years ago. So as a child I used to be taken there all the time and I loved it....Still do!
The reptiles have always been my favourite, especially snakes and I've wanted one for as long as I can remember but my mum would never have allowed it, so I had to wait until I moved out. My earliest memory of holding a snake was when I was really young at some place kind of like Woodlands I think, and there was an area where you could handle some animals, I just remember holding some kind of albino python and I held it right up against my cheek for a photo lol. The only thing that has stopped me from having a house full of snakes and other beasties is money

1.0.0 Royal Python (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)
1.0.0 Jug - jack russel x pug (Keyser Soze)
Go to Top of Page

Coal
Hatchling

449 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2013 :  10:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just always loved animals :D When I was younger I watched a lot of animal documentaries which got me interested in nature, and after a while this turned into a general interest in all areas of science though biology has always been my real passion. I've always wanted to be surrounded by animals and had pets all my life despite my dad being the exact opposite of an animal-lover. As much as I loved my Guinea pigs, finches, fishes and one cat called Felix, I was always fascinated with reptiles, particularly snakes. Unfortunately my mother drew the line there; she wasn't really afraid of them but for reasons I can't fathom she had a problem with the idea of one being in the house. When I went off to uni residences I obviously had to leave my little menagerie behind, but when I moved into my first house I began craving pets again. I wanted something that was moderate to low maintenance (so no cats or dogs) as I would be out of the house a lot, and my first thought was finches. Unfortunately though one of my housemates is allergic to the dust from bird feathers and highly asthmatic besides, so that idea was abandoned. Eventually I was drawn back to reptiles, and realised that as I'd moved out, I could finally have a snake! The ensuing research ignited my passion for the critters, and I have loved them ever since :)

'Lovecraft' - CB12 male amel

'Sarnath' - CB13 male KSB (anery, het. albino)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2013 :  21:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always loved animals. I was never allowed any pets though despite constant nagging to my parents so used to spend ages in the garden playing with bugs, had countless pet caterpillars as a child lol. The fascination has never left. Inbetween playing with bugs and bringing baby birds home I was always reading about animals or watching nature documentaries.
The real crunch came when on holiday with my parents. While walking with my dad we came across a grass snake in the middle of a road. I picked it up and took it to a woodier more sheltered area. My dad wouldn't do it (probably thought it was venomous so got me to do it instead haha!). I was hooked on reps from then on but it took me some years till I got my first, a pair of beardies.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2013 :  22:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my family always had pets in the house but here is the first time I held a snake, 20ish years ago! Sorry for those that have seen the pick before. Its a scanned in Polaroid of me in the Isle of Wight Zoo, holding a Burmese python!

and here is the "now" shot with Willow

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000