holiday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  15:09:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so although I'm very excited for my holiday with the oh in 2 days (eeek!) I'm gona miss my animals sooo much! the woman looking after them has been left a ridiculous amount of notes on them lol I'm so paranoid! kittens are teething, Emmy is just out of blue but not shed yet (really hoping she does before we leave!)

never left them for this long before (be away 10 days) so feeling a tad nervous. I know they are all in good hands I just worry too much!

anyhoo just a wee rant!

1.1.0 Corn Snakes, Oscar the Golddust Motley, Emmy the Ultramel Anery
2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, Masuka
1.0.0 Western Hognose Snake - Hugo

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  15:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww dont worry, they will be fine, if not pet sitter will phone, and you can always call her 20 times a day!

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  17:01:33  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean, that's why I just don't go away.
I've only had one weekend break in years and all I could think about was my babies back home.
I'm sure your's will be fine, just like mine were. The pet sitter will probably pamper them to bits to make up for you not being there.
Enjoy your holiday.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  17:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm off to Wales on friday. Got 5 of the 8 in shed, and 2 of them are gravid. My brother is coming over to check on them every couple of days, and to also feed the OHs' frog...

Anyway, I'm skipping feeding them before I go away, to lessen the chance of poop. Just giving them a spot clean and water change before I go away, and will put post-it notes on the snakes' vivs' that need a quick spray. Worked fine when I went to Tenerife earlier this year!

Don't worry about them, they'll be fine!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  18:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks guys, sure they will be! she is going to text me pics every now and again so that's reassuring!

they are all organised now will take Oscar out tonight and have a good snuggle with the kitties. will leave Emmy as she's due a shed, just have a wee peek to say goodbye in the morning.

looking forward to the holiday but also nice to have them to come back to, always beats the holiday blues coming back to pets!

2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  19:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a lovely time :D

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  19:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have fun! Also, where you going?

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  19:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a good holiday! having both pet sat and left my pets I know where your coming fro with the notes!! Am sure everything will be fine

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  20:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone! going to palamos, kinda near Barcelona. can't wait!

haha she'll think I'm crazy when she sees my essay!

2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  22:03:15  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're just as bad as me! didn't think it'd be possible aha. If i go away to stay one night away from home. i miss my animals incredibly and just want to rush home to them even though i know they are fine. And im sure yours will be too ^^

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  20:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if it makes you feel any better the first time I went away for a two nights, I left not only a note stating what food the horse had (measurements included) but left a list detailing which rug he needed depending on the weather where the emergency spare was, a lighter and heaver rug in case the weather went either way spares of all available selections of rugs detailing which was which according to make and color and then although they had my number I gave them the o/h's just in case there was a problem and I didn't have any signal!! I dread to think what I will be like when we go away and some one has to do the snakes and Jeff!

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Freddiesmum
Sub Adult

1083 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  22:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha! there's 3 a4 pages worth of note LOL. I am sure they will be fine, like I say she's keeping im touch via text, and my dads popping in to let me know how they are too!

speak soon

2.0.0 Cats, Yoda and Ed
Go to Top of Page

Falice
Yearling

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2013 :  12:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Falice's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's perfectly normal to be a little nervous. I have a similar issue as i'm going to glastonbury festival next week and have to leave my little ones for the first time without my partner being home, and they have both just gone blue, grrr hopefully they shed before I go. But I'm sure all of our animals will be fine. Have a great holiday

1.0.0 Royal Python (Sir Cuthbert)
1.0.0 Corn (Trevor)
1.0.0 C0ckatiel (Baldwin)
1.0.0 Jug - jack russel x pug (Keyser Soze)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000