New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So after getting a bit more closure on Ophion (thank you for your posts), I thought I'd get some piccies of my other snakes which also bring me a lot of joy.

Especially Bats :D Bats is just.. special. He's so great and never fails to make me or my other half laugh when we check on him. Today he was poking out of his hide when I went in, and instead of going back in he stayed out for a stroke and then started to climb up my arm! This is the snake that couldn't be handled and thrashed around wildly when I first brought him home!

My kitten Pipistrelle loves Bats and Bats has never shown stress towards Pipi so I let them meet :) Here's some shots of one such meeting..

"Who's that on my house?"

Little Nebula, my hypo lav from Procorns is doing just GREAT! It's lovely to have a little bootlace but she's growing pretty fast! She's currently in blue at the moment so soon to have her first shed with us Not taking ANY risks with this one escaping. She is in a RUB inside a viv lol. Just a little snapshot of her through the tub cos she's very flighty and even more so as she can't see properly at the moment.

Last but not least, a lovely pic of lovely Clementine. She came downstairs for a cuddle today and settled on Ben's lap wrapped through one of his belt loops lol. Here she is posing.

Thanks for looking

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wicked colours on them!
I especially like Bats

Lovely pics to show them all off too - kitty cat included
Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely snakes and a very cute kitty too

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:36:27  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great photos!
Got a question.....what's happened to your hand? The give away is the mark and bruising in the first photo.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, that's paint on the palm of my hand lol. I helped my son paint a train money box today. Or do you mean my wrist. Cos that's just veins!!

Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:43:12  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Belters! The lot of them!

And little miss kitty is yummy!!

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  20:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're lovely! I especially like Clementine, what lovely colours she has on her

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2013 :  22:18:00  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beauties very nice pics too.Bats IS splendid and shades needed for Clementine,also love the box in viv idea,may be the way forward for some of my guys
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2013 :  07:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bats is lovely, and I'm so glad he has tamed down so well :D He sure has grown since the last pics I remember of him too :O Can't wait to see how Nebula grows up, and I love her name too. As for Clementine, well she is as gorgeous as ever, I'm so glad she went to you so we get to see pics of such a stunning snake (I would have been sorely tempted to take her if she had been closer lol). I also want your kitten...

Go to Top of Page

Redware
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2013 :  22:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or is there a bit of a correlation between owning snakes and Cats? I know the wife is desperate for us to get a cat, I would love one but they make me sneeze! Great shots.

Corns: 1.2.0 Caramel Tessera Het Stripe ph lots (Oak) Caramel (Willow) Caramel Stripe Het Amel (Juniper)
Royals: 1:1:0 Lesser Pastel (Bismuth) Cinna Spin (Indium)

Edited by - Redware on 22/05/2013 06:36:36
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2013 :  23:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments, guys. I really do love my snakes I was surprised how much joy they give me!

That little kitten her first check up at the vets with me today in preparation for her spay, and the little heifer weighed in at 5.1kg at 7 months old! She eats me out of house and home

There may well be a link between snakes and cats! And if your wife would like one then I can put you in touch with some excellent breeders of allergy friendly ones.... You'll be smitten! I'd suggest a rescue, however these particular cats aren't found in rescues a lot (and no I don't mean the hairless ones).

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2013 :  17:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice snakes! What are they named after? Esp Alabaster Codify, and Clementine Sparks (thinking late 90's satire...).

And 5.1kg for a 7 months kitten? Maine Coon? My Tabby 'n' white is 4.8kg at 4 years old!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2013 :  19:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Alabaster Codify is from a Chris Morris program Clementine Sparks is just a combination of her name with her previous owner which was Sparky, and the name I'd have given her from the start.

Yeah our Coon's fairly big but still within the normal range for a female Coon. From what I've heard about her littermates she's one of the heavier girls, but she was the most "on type", and also we've fed her a completely raw diet since we've had her (not to mention as much as she will eat of it!) Her sister from the previous year was 7.1kg at 11 months when we met her, so it'd be nice if our girl got to that as well
Where's your Coon from?

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2013 :  08:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's not a Coon, he is a British Shorthair. One of my friends has got an 11kg+ tabby coon though; he's massive!

And there needs to be more Morris programs on, although you probably couldn't get away with that sorta thing now...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

carmil07
Hatchling

United Kingdom
158 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2013 :  23:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gorgeous wee snakes and gorgeous kitty too <3

0.0.1 Carolina corn snake - Ruby
0.2.0 moggie cat's - Stella & Matilda
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2013 :  12:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think everyone has covered what I'd say Jennifer ! I'm glad Bats is so special to you, especially now you have lost Ophion. Every time you feel that you are missing her, just get out Bats....he can be your 'snake therapy' .

I can't wait to see more pics of Nebula, once she's shed. I'm sure you'll work your magic on her to calm her down, just as you did with Bats .

As for Clementine....what a gorgeous pic of a gorgeous snake! I love the way you can see her head marking, saddles, belly, everything....she couldn't have posed better !

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2013 :  12:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for looking and commenting I'm so proud of all my snakes as I bet you lot are of yours. There's something very endearing about reptiles as a whole I think. They make such great companions!

Kellog, Nebula shed last night! She had her food and then I went back to find she'd shed through one of her snake tunnels lol. I'll give her a few days to digest, and then I'm planning on doing a decent photoshoot of her. She's such a sweet little pink bootlace. She needed a little bit of help with a "hat" part, but a good first shed from her which is great.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000