Male or Female?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marcus214
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  19:27:57  Show Profile
Before i get my snake, i was curious as to whether there are certain pros or cons to either sex. Is one more tame or friendlier than the other?

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  20:27:31  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message
Weeeell,I've got both-plus a few that we didn't know what (sausage/taco).Temperment I think is down to the individual reptile,though I believe most corns are generaly more amicable than other species
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2013 :  21:50:27  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message
One of each here as well Rhubarb the male is the cheeky one who is constantly on the lookout for getting into mischief Custard the female is the quiet couch potato she just wants to curl up in your sleeve and leave you a present but temperament wise both soft as soap.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  10:41:35  Show Profile
I heard males are the least likely to bite, so have gone for males with all the snakes Not sure if it's true of not though! I know with rodents & rabbits that males tend to be the better natured. I had many hamsters, gerbils, mice & rats when I was young, the males were all lovely, the females very bitey

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  14:08:25  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address
I've got both and they all have their own personalities.
Temperament is generally an individual thing not gender related.
I'd get a snake that you like and feels right for you. I always handle a snake before I get one, you get a 'feel' for the right one.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  19:56:36  Show Profile
I'm locking this topic Marcus, because you are running a double thread....here and in the General Keeping section. At least you're getting the same sort of answers in both instead of conflicting ones !

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000