New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  21:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Drago finally ate tonight, I had to brain the rat and warm its head in hot water before I put it on his feeding rock, a few sniffs and a few pokes, then wham grabbed it and hovered it up. It's been just over 2 months since he last ate and 6 wasted rats! He's now sniffing around his feeding rock again!

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  21:37:09  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yaay,its great when they decide to eat after a lean time.Very worrying,trick is to have enough snakes so that there is always one doing something 'devious'to mess with your head
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  10:02:29  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad he ate for you. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  11:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope he keeps it up, but the way he's always trying to get out for a female at the moment I doubt it!

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  07:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear Lee . It is such a frustrating time of year. Although you know it's natural and that your snake will be fine and its actually quite nice seeing them out and about instead of hidden away....you also can't wait for it to be over.

Kellog has just started eating as well, having stopped near the end of February. I got him going by offering him a small mouse, he's usually on larges. Happened to have some in the freezer and have got out the last 2 to defrost and feed to him today....knowing my luck he'll decide he's not hungry again . He's busy trying to push open the glass doors to his viv as I type .

All you can do is keep trying *sighs and shakes head at how much our corns like to wind us up* .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  09:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know he will be fine kellog, but you know what it's like! I'm not as bothered about him not eating as I used to be, it's really nice to see him grab a rat and eat. I watch every second!
Drago has spent all day Saturday and Sunday in his hide and was out this morning trying to open the glass again! I sometimes stick a piece of A4 paper on the glass which stops him trying to get out as he reaaly tries hard and I don't want any injuries. Don't you just love them!

RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  10:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you mean Lee. Despite being so active this morning Kellog grabbed the small mouse when I offered it and even ate the 2nd....I wasn't sure he would. I put him back in his viv and he's still cruising around, hasn't settled at all.

I've got plastic paper binders on the inside edge of the glass door, I think it's softer and smoother than the glass edge and I know I can't stop Kellog doing it, all I can do is try to make it less abrasive. It does make a difference. He used to get a sore nose by the end of the breeding season before I put that in and now his nose is fine, despite persistent rubbing.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  13:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drago has shed twice in the last 6 weeks, probably due to nose rubbing but it doesn't look sore/damaged. I've put a little piece of cork bark from the females viv in his viv, which seems to keep him happy, he's lay there now with his nose on it! I don't think it's mean do you?

RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2013 :  19:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it keeps him happy then I don't think it's mean Lee. I can't imagine what Kellog would do if I put something of Silvi's in his viv !

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000