New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  09:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

On Monday, 1st July 2013, my husband, daughter and son will fly to Tanzania to begin their attempt to reach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. Both kids are doing it to raise money for charities close to their hearts.Tandi (19yrs old) has chosen PSDS, providing support for children with Down syndrome and their familes, who she has worked with. Jos (15yrs old) wants to raise money for Diabetes UK. He was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic when he was 12yrs old and has had a very tough time with it since. Climbing the mountain is going to be a real challenge for him.

If you would like to support either of these charities, or even just the courage of my kids, then please do. You don't need to leave your name, just put down TCS so they know its come from my forum friends.

http://www.justgiving.com/Tandia-Reeves1

http://www.justgiving.com/Jos-Reeves-Kili

I do hope you don't mind me asking.

Xxx

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  10:06:16  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And why arnt you going!!!!!!!!!

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  12:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would if I could Chris ....especially as they are going on safari to the Serengeti for a week afterwards and then have a week in Mombassa, lying on the beach and going deep sea fishing! My daughter is back for 10 days, I think, then flies out to Uganda on mission. She and 9 others are running a holiday club for 750 kids !!!

My only worry is that the last time my husband went out there, nearly 7yrs ago, he picked up a baby black mamba using a tent peg as a snake hook ....despite the very last thing I said to him being 'Don't pick up any snakes!' !

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2013 :  16:24:35  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I would if I could Chris ....especially as they are going on safari to the Serengeti for a week afterwards and then have a week in Mombassa, lying on the beach and going deep sea fishing! My daughter is back for 10 days, I think, then flies out to Uganda on mission. She and 9 others are running a holiday club for 750 kids !!!

My only worry is that the last time my husband went out there, nearly 7yrs ago, he picked up a baby black mamba using a tent peg as a snake hook ....despite the very last thing I said to him being 'Don't pick up any snakes!' !

Xxx

A true herper in the making there hehe. Just tell him something longer is more advisable next time

PS donated to both but it showed up as anonimas stupid thing

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  06:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to those of you who have donated . My kids were SO surprised....you've proved to them that us snake owners care for more things than just our snakes .

quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:

Xxx

A true herper in the making there hehe. Just tell him something longer is more advisable next time

PS donated to both but it showed up as anonimas stupid thing

I am NOT encouraging him Chris! The only thing he regrets is that he didn't try to open the mouth to make 100% sure it was a black mamba !!

Don't worry, I let the kids know who anonymous was. Your name has been mentioned a few times by me before so you aren't unknown to them .

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  21:30:23  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't worry, I let the kids know who anonymous was. Your name has been mentioned a few times by me before so you aren't unknown to them .

Xxx

I hope always in a good way :-D

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  21:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Um, well, now you mention it...... .......

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2013 :  21:37:42  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Um, well, now you mention it...... .......

Xxx

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000